my sisters cat

Hi Matt, hope you find this useful:

You've chopped a bit of the kitty's ear off and Im not sure about the door or cupboard side that is on the right hand side of the image, its distracting to the rest of the image
I dont mind a tile in the subject in a photograph, but not sure about it, in this image.
I think the eyes could be a lot more in focus, the nose seems to be more in focus than the eyes
It could do with some noise reduction. You could have got away with shutter speed of 160th, but that would have only reduced your ISO to around 3200-4000
I do like the background greens, it goes with the eyes and the cat has a great expression on its face - and Im not even a cat person.

I like the image of the cat, just not the distraction and noneye focussed part of it (y)

thanks it was just a snapshot of the cat as I was setting the camera up to take some pics of my sisters new baby :) only reason i kept it was that I liked the way the background and eyes worked too :)

I did try and get a shot without the cupboard but the cat decided to run off shortly after this one :) I tried cropping it out but it shifted the cat too far too the right or felt too narrow if trimming both sides :(

I might try and trap it in the kitchen with some treats next time i go round and do a proper job of it haha

thanks it was just a snapshot of the cat as I was setting the camera up to take some pics of my sisters new baby :) only reason i kept it was that I liked the way the background and eyes worked too :)

I did try and get a shot without the cupboard but the cat decided to run off shortly after this one :) I tried cropping it out but it shifted the cat too far too the right or felt too narrow if trimming both sides :(

I might try and trap it in the kitchen with some treats next time i go round and do a proper job of it haha
agree about the cat, its hard enough to get one of my dog without it approaching me and sticking its wet nose into the lens glass :)

Nice pose agree with Carls C&C
definitely worth trying again as it's a nice looking cat

Back