Critique My son - Critique welcome

Name
daniel
Edit My Images
Yes
This was one of those completely random moments, I didn't even realise he'd shoved his finger up his nose until I looked at the photo. Not very flattering, I'm sure, but I like the quirkiness/candidness of the shot.

I've edited the photo in GIMP, I was aiming for that old film camera effect, with a bit of lomo in the colour version. Happy for some critique, but please bare in mind, I'm only just getting back into photography. I'm not sure if I've over done it with the processing, especially with the B/W version. I'm also using a laptop with probably not the best of screens for editing photos.

Thank you.

This was one of those completely random moments, I didn't even realise he'd shoved his finger up his nose until I looked at the photo. Not very flattering, I'm sure, but I like the quirkiness/candidness of the shot.

I've edited the photo in GIMP, I was aiming for that old film camera effect, with a bit of lomo in the colour version. Happy for some critique, but please bare in mind, I'm only just getting back into photography. I'm not sure if I've over done it with the processing, especially with the B/W version. I'm also using a laptop with probably not the best of screens for editing photos.

Thank you.
They're lovely.

Why the lomo effect? What does it add?

lovely shot, full of character, looks rum un , him he'll get his finger stuck :)
Thank you, Yes he is a bit of a character :LOL:

They're lovely.

Why the lomo effect? What does it add?
Thank you.

I guess it's my own personal taste, I really quite like the retro lomo look, and I thought it might go well with the quirkiness of the photo. Maybe I have overdone it.

Back