My street portrait entry.

lukewoodford

FYI, I am Luke Woodford.....by Luke Woodford
Name
Luke Woodford
Edit My Images
No
I had to post this in here for C&C. My mate drove me round town for 15 minutes. Saw this guy.....was brave.....and snapped. This is the closest I have felt to being punched. As soon as I took two pictures I instantly put my hand out and was VERY friendly. He was actually a really nice guy.

Samaratan007-1-1.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

Cracking shot Luke and nicely processed, a very contrasty reportage type shot which i love.

My only advise would be to try cropping off the completely dead, black space on the left(y)

Chris.

I don't know how you pluck up the courage to do this.
I think it's very impressive, I got something to enter the challenge, but not close to this one.

Cracking shot Luke and nicely processed, a very contrasty reportage type shot which i love.

My only advise would be to try cropping off the completely dead, black space on the left(y)

Chris.

Its funny you should say that, I was playing with gradients in Lightroom and added one on the left because the background wasn't great but I think ill reduce it.

I don't know how you pluck up the courage to do this.
I think it's very impressive, I got something to enter the challenge, but not close to this one.

I do get nervous, I had a mate taking me round in his car and it helped with him egging me on :)

I took the missus with me, she kept wandering into the shot at the perfectly wrong time :LOL:

I can't offer any c+c but just wanted to say you've got balls :LOL::clap:
I'm 6ft 2 with a heavy build but i still wouldn't try this type of photography :)

I can't offer any c+c but just wanted to say you've got balls :LOL::clap:
I'm 6ft 2 with a heavy build but i still wouldn't try this type of photography :)

I have to say this one did take balls, I did get scared for a few seconds when I looked through the viewfinder and got this reaction. Its ahad a crop but I shot 50mm on full frame so I was still damn close!

That is a cracking shot there Luke, very nice work. I like your processing and reckon you could also try a duo tone or HDR image for a gritty feel. Could work well in a Lomo style also depending on the original colours.

I'm loving street photography also at the moment so keep at it !

Nice shot Luke.... any particular reason you were shooting at ISO 400, light was quite good today where I was...

Nigel

Back