Critique My Youngest

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
This is well out of my comfort zone, I'm normally trying landscapes or macro but I've decided I want to try my hand at a bit of portrait stuff. This is my first attempt from last evening while out looking for suitable locations, any critique/advise would be much appreciated. Hopefully next time I can try make sure her hair's not so fuzzy (but that a bit of a family trait) Cheers, Gary.

SHe's cute and i really like it, some seriously gorgeous bokeh going on and lovely tones and lighting(y)

Gary - Beautiful young lady - beautifully caught & beautifully PP'd - sure is one for the wall :)

I'd mask out her blown hair and try and lift the exposure some on her face and body. :)

I'd mask out her blown hair and try and lift the exposure some on her face and body. :)

Thanks for the input Dean, I also thought that about the hair but I have no idea where to start with that....Lifting the exposure is just about withing my capabilities though :)

Here you go, Gary. A few little tweaks in Lightroom - no masks needed.

13879658093_9f99f34404_b.jpg

I used the adjustment brush (auto masked) to bring the exposure up by about .6 of a stop on your daughters face, hair and body. After that I did this...

13880142813_0683539501_b.jpg

Thanks Dean, I think those sort of adjustments are within my capabilities, looks like I need to brush up on my pp skills :)

I thought the original post was great then saw the edit now it is brilliant.

Cute kid and think the fuzzy hair is fine adds to pic imho.

I like your landscapes and your macro work dont think youll have too much trouble in this field too. Btw your macro lens is perfect for portraits ;)

Back