MyMemory fakes or not?

I have bought a number of sd cards and usb sticks and not had any issues.

If something, anything, sets off alarm bells in your head ... listen to the alarm bells.

MyMemory are fine, I've used them many times.

I've bought a couple of dozen Sandisk CF and SD cards at keen prices from MyMemory and have had no problems. Unlike purchases from Ebay, Amazon (third party) and Play.com (third party).

I've had similar concerns buying some micro SD cards for an action cam to the extent that I've paid extra to order them from Amazon direct to minimise the chance of getting fakes. They haven't arrived yet but I've read a number of reviews on Amazon that recommend testing them with something like h2testw to make sure they're not smaller cards that have been re-badged to look like larger ones.

If you find an issue with a card from MyMemory take it up with them, they're not fly by night eBay sellers.

I've bought numerous items from mymemory over the past few years and never had any reason to doubt their authenticity. As others have said they're a genuine and well established company.

Had a number of cards from MyMemory, never a problem, I would wholeheartedly recommend them.

If something, anything, sets off alarm bells in your head ... listen to the alarm bells.
Seriously...please give out proper advice.

Mymemory is a well established retailer they have online as well as eBay shops. Bought many items from them.

They are cheap probably 1) they operate on high volume, low margins sale 2) better supply chain 3) they are not greedy or they refresh their stock very often thus reflecting short term retail price rather than some retailers who tend to raise prices when their import price is up then never actually bring the price down when the import price comes down.

Last edited:
they ship from swisserland?
they sorted out a refurb usb stick I had trouble with :), they good

As most people have already said I also have bought most (maybe all) my memory cards from mymemory and I use them for all my weddings with no problems at all

Another recommendation here. Used them loads of times and never had an issue.

Reliable company. I've brought loads over the years and no issues.

They are based in Jersey or Guernsey, I think they don't have vat same, but I could be wrong, I use them all the time with no problems whatsoever, just bought a couple of sd cards no problem at all, used them for years.

If you go to the Lexar and Sandisk websites and look at "Where to buy", both list MyMemory. That's not the sort of association you'd jeopardise by selling counterfeit cards.

Last edited:
Hi

Another vote here, they're the only people I use, never had any problems.

John

The only duff card I own is a Mymemory one, but it is an own branded one not Sandisk etc.

Another ringing endorsement for them.
I even remember a few years ago when I became aware that Sandisk were doing a software offer with some of their cards.
I only found out right as the offer was closing, so following a phone call from me, a chap from MyMemory even went personally to their warehouse to ensure that I got at least one of those cards with the offer slip in with my order. Cracking service, so I've used them ever since.

Back