Nearest waterfall ?

Name
Graham Mc
Edit My Images
Yes
I live in the East Midlands and wondered where is the nearest waterfall to me, the Peak District is 77miles away but i don't want to venture out that far this weekend.
Any ideas ? ta

I live in the East Midlands and wondered where is the nearest waterfall to me, the Peak District is 77miles away but i don't want to venture out that far this weekend.
Any ideas ? ta

that would be a google one for me...i thought of the lakes at first...
i have been around the peak district/darbyshire but dont have pics of any real waterfalls...just bits trickling down....how about wales.

I think you are going to struggle to find any local!! Lincs is pretty flat!
I think you will find some in Country Parks/Estates/Gardens though.\With a bit of creative positioning/cropping you can make them look natural enough!

I'll have to pass for the moment i think :LOL: yes it's very flat, plenty of Drains and Dykes that lay stagnant here, it's difficult enough trying to get one at the exact same angle as a setting sun for effect.

Nice part of the country though! Use to fish the Witham regular, Brayford Pool was a favourite!

Any ideas ? ta

About 56 miles away to Lumsdale near Matlock is probably the nearest ones i've been to, other than that i visit the Yorkshire Dales a few times a year for most of my waterfall photos.

You can view the location an google maps here. Just turn on photos and you will see some shots of the waterfalls.

It's a nice little walk along the river and there are a few old mills to photograph too.

that would be a google one for me...i thought of the lakes at first...
i have been around the peak district/darbyshire but dont have pics of any real waterfalls...just bits trickling down....how about wales.

I googled it and it brought up Graham00's post.

A waterfall worth going to is Higest Waterfall in Wales i went there a couple of weeks ago and enjoyed it, make sure you take some insect repellent as the wife got some real bad bites.

Not that far really from East Midlands if you go up through Stoke.

Here's a handy trick. Go on flickr.com, find the world map, zoom to the region you want then search for a tag, ie. Waterfall.

Bare in mind there's no guarentee that photos will be placed on the map anywhere near accurately, but it'll give you something to work from.
Looks like you have a bit of a drive...

Back