New baby - and thanks to V8Burble...

Edit My Images
Yes
Inspired by V8Burbles excellent ambient light shot (http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=128678) I thought I'd have a go.

Obviously a pretty poor immitation but it's a lot better than I've managed before. 85mm F1.8 @ 1.8, ISO 800.

Feel free to add C&C, however cutting!

IMG_9684_edited-2.jpg

IMG_9684_edited-1.jpg

Last edited:
Cot shots always look like prisoner shots with bars to me :LOL:

But these are nice

Is he (she) yours?

If you can, get the baby on the parents' bed and draw back the curtains, then using the window as a key light move the baby into a good position for a shot (catchlight (window) in the upper part of the eye)

:)

DD

Hi Dave, yes she's mine, born on Tuesday. Thanks for the advice, I will give that a go tomorrow, sanity permitting....

You'd have to be a heartless b*****d to crit a photo of someones child........:beer::popcorn: lol

Photo 1 for me, I prefered the tighter crop

You'd have to be a heartless b*****d to crit a photo of someones child

Absolutely you do :eek:

But that's not what we're doing is it?

We're not saying 'Ugly' - 'Get better parentage/genes'

We're looking at how best to photograph a wee baby - and moving her into better light/position is a better way to photograph her

DD

AND NO - she's not ugly or needing other parentage at all :D

either way most greatful for any advice :) - especially as there's not long to get these photos.

Absolutely you do :eek:

But that's not what we're doing is it?

We're not saying 'Ugly' - 'Get better parentage/genes'

We're looking at how best to photograph a wee baby - and moving her into better light/position is a better way to photograph her

DD

AND NO - she's not ugly or needing other parentage at all :D

my comment was meant in humour, not aimed at anyones post

Last edited:
I'm still getting over the fact that I've inspired someone :eek: thank you James. :woot:

I must post more... :LOL:

#1 for me James. I quite like the shadows from the bars, although if they fell either side of the little fella's (oops, make that bella's :cautious:) eyes I think it would be my pref. (y)

Last edited:
She's lovely mate, congratulations. (y)

I love taking photos of friends' babies and Dave's spot on (he should know) the catch lights make all the difference. I now rarely press the shutter until I see one.

A nice set up when they're little is to get mum to hold them over her shoulder in front of a window and get between them and the window....

or

Last edited:
She's lovely mate, congratulations. (y)

I love taking photos of friends' babies and Dave's spot on (he should know) the catch lights make all the difference. I now rarely press the shutter until I see one.

Yup - mums and windows are your best friends - especially if the mum is the mum of your babe :)

DD

Back