New Butterfly to the Garden and a Happy Spider...

Name
Bryn
Edit My Images
Yes
Well I thought all the butterflies were gone but I saw a couple of these Comma's (least that's what I think they are)

At first it was close enough to get with the 126mm (Tamron 90mm + 1.4x TC) but as it wasn't filling the frame as I wanted I shot to the house to get the Sigma 150-500mm that didn't go very well as I went to take cap off only to realise that the cap was already off finger prints all over front element, rush back to house and lens cloth but that just seemed to spread the oil instead of pick it up so new one required.

After that I had to use my PEC pads and cleaning fluid by which time butterfly had gone. Waiting around shooting other bits and pieces and I noticed one near top of tree perfect as the Siggy was ready.

1.Tamron

IMG_5813
by bthomas124, on Flickr

2. Siggy

IMG_5837
by bthomas124, on Flickr

IMG_5822
by bthomas124, on Flickr

IMG_5840 by bthomas124, on Flickr

5. Lucky spider caught 1 of 2 fighting hovers

IMG_5806
by bthomas124, on Flickr

IMG_5808
by bthomas124, on Flickr

7. In hope to find some globby collembola... :(

IMG_5810
by bthomas124, on Flickr

IMG_5817
by bthomas124, on Flickr

All comments welcome and appreciated.

:ty:

Last edited:
Hi Bryn nice shots must have been frustrating that it had gone by the time you had got back
definitely a comma:)

Thanks Pete, comment appreciated and glad its a new butterfly on me and in my garden and it was so frustrating. Saw them fighting and couldn't shoot it kinda miss the 55-250 for that as it is so light in comparison to the 150-500mm. Going to have think of another plan for inflight butterflies maybe a 2x TC on my Tamron.

Lovely shots, Bryn. Sorry, I don't quite get it. Was the butterfly to far away/high up for you to get a close enough shot with the Tamron 90 + 1.4x TC?

Lovely shots, Bryn. Sorry, I don't quite get it. Was the butterfly to far away/high up for you to get a close enough shot with the Tamron 90 + 1.4x TC?

20140904_140056
by bthomas124, on Flickr

I'm standing on top layer and it has 3 layers below (for above image) which can be seen so to get the level shot I did as butterfly was about a 3rd the way up the tree I had to kneel down next to the bird table (just left outside frame) to get the shot. 126mm wouldn't have been enough to get the image.

Hope that explains it :) @orionmystery

Last edited:
Back