New Firmware for Canon 50D

Thank you Bob.:):clap:(y)

downloaded and updated:)

How straight forward is it to update firmwares? I`ve never done my 40D. Knowing me, I`ll end up with an expensive paperweight!

it's straight forward. There is a how to on the page to download as stated in the first post.

Takes 5 minutes once the download to your computer from the internets is complete for the installation to complete (Via the USB cable)

I've been having really annoying problems with magenta casts recently too. Even when a bird swims just a few feet out of direct sunlight into shade. Dpp is annoying for fixing casts, which doesn't help.
Looking forward to testing it.

I've not updated my 50D since I bought it 12 months ago. I think I'm still on 1.0.1.
Can I go straight to the latest firmware? and get all the benefits from the earlier updates?
I must admit It doesn't sound that straight forward to get it into the body. As I havent a reliable CF card reader I'll have to use the other option.

Ian

Its easy. Either copy it to a blank CF card, or do it via USB using EOS utility. Make sure the battery is good

Did my 50D last night to 1.0.7 and my 40D to 1.1.1

There may be other fixes which are undocumented as well.

cheers for the heads up, I did 1.0.6 the other day from 1.0.1 and it was a massive difference, I'll do this now

oooo doing now :)

Its easy. Either copy it to a blank CF card, or do it via USB using EOS utility. Make sure the battery is good

Did my 50D last night to 1.0.7 and my 40D to 1.1.1

There may be other fixes which are undocumented as well.

I'll have to do via the usb as I don't have a decent card reader on my pc/laptop.
I'll have a looksy as soon as they let me out of hospital hopefully thursday :D
Ian

Back