New iPhone

Colour version is great - can see this in an ad by Apple. Well shot. Slight CW rotation maybe? .3 degree.....

Last edited:
Good picture and well done. I really like how the foreground blend into the background, it looks good. I prefer the punch of the colour compare to the black and white. The only thing i'm not sure is if such a shallow depth of field is justified. I think the phone could be in focus too as it is the main subject of the picture. But i might be wrong!

DOF on mono version with the increased amount of icons on show is better but overall effect the colour wins hands down but would be better with the dof of the mono.

:plus1: on Bryn's comments. Definitely the colour but with better DOF. You could even move the apps around to generate a full colour spectrum reflection on the box

Err what's the point of the image. Box is reasonably sharp but the product itself is off due to to small an aperture. If the point was creative( colour is better) but as a product shot them I don't get it.

Nice arty shot and I love the DOF, oh yea and another vote for the colour version!

another vote for the colour and agree i think if the phone was sharper it could be a great image for apple to use. $$$$

Nice idea, but doesn't work for me I'm afraid.

There is barrel distortion on the box in the top image and it's different on the front edge compared to the back edge. One of the qualities of Apple products is their carefully crafted packaging.

The box-top angles don't match either, which suggests to me that the camera was off-axis.

I would also want to see the phone in focus, shallow DOF doesn't show the product at its best.

All IMHO of course.

Back