New Nikon Crop ...... Anytime soon???

Name
Ben
Edit My Images
Yes
Has there been any more mention or rumours of a new Nikon crop DSLR i.e. the d7200, d7300 or the d9300 or what ever it will be called??
I’m happy-ish with my d5200 and probably wont ever move to Full Frame as I couldn’t afford the jump or the cost of new lenses but I do want to however upgrade to the best Crop available and at the moment I believe is the d7100 but don’t want to go for that if there is a sniff of something newer coming out.
Thanks

You really only have Nikon rumors website to go by.The d7100 is due an update but I cannot think what they will better.Possibly the frame and buffer rate,improvement on the auto focus by using the new area thingy that they have on the D750 and D4s.At 24mp can they cram any more pixels onto a crop sensor without loosing ISO capabilities ?.Canon have just released the 7dmark 2 and they only managed 20mp sensor 2yrs on from the Nikon d7100.

http://nikonrumors.com/

Last edited:
Has there been any more mention or rumours of a new Nikon crop DSLR i.e. the d7200, d7300 or the d9300 or what ever it will be called??
I’m happy-ish with my d5200 and probably wont ever move to Full Frame as I couldn’t afford the jump or the cost of new lenses but I do want to however upgrade to the best Crop available and at the moment I believe is the d7100 but don’t want to go for that if there is a sniff of something newer coming out.
Thanks

I would hang in there,trade rumors apart from Nikon Rumors would indicate a strong possibility of a newcomer early next year,the benefit of waiting a short time are twofold,possibly the latest updated camera or further price drops on the D7100.

No maybe they can't squeeze anymore in to a crop and 24 would be enough for me but I just think adding wifi gps and possible the same screen as the d750 would be a massive improvement on the d7100

Well yes thank you I agree I may as well and see if they release something early in the year especially how close we are to that now!!

Soon as the new one comes out, you'll then want the later one. Just get the one you want just now and be done with it.

I was so tempted but as I've mentioned in a previous post it's the fixed screen putting me off at the moment especially as I half know something's in the pipe line for a newer model if that doesn't come with a movable screen then I'll jump straight on the d7100 as it'll be far cheaper

The next big upgrade would be the use of graphene as the sensor, vastly increasing the dynamic range, now that would be worth buying.

Before I bought my taller tripod quite often during the day and nearly all the time when out at night and all of the time for Astro stuff as you can imagine the camera can get in funny angles when shooting stars especially on a mount which moves having the screen move makes it so much easier

Valid point but it still doesn't have the layout like the d7100 the more pro looking body
I have
both the D7100 and the D5300..The D7100 is faster to work with.I got the D5300 for the tilt screen I would have liked the D7100 to have had a tilt screen. With the D750 having just been released with a tilt screen they might release the D7200 or whatever with a tilt.?

I have
both the D7100 and the D5300..The D7100 is faster to work with.I got the D5300 for the tilt screen I would have liked the D7100 to have had a tilt screen. With the D750 having just been released with a tilt screen they might release the D7200 or whatever with a tilt.?

Wow so jealous you've got best of both worlds I want them haha but yes fully agreed the new d7*** should be something like the d750 just a crop sensor haha

Back