New photos with new kit...

Name
Simon (Prefer 'Si')
Edit My Images
No
I missed out on a Raynox 250 on here the other day but decided to buy one anyway... I'm a bit leery about having my twin-lights hanging off the front of the that clip-on adapter but I'll get a step-down ring next week. I've used it today with my D800 and Sigma 105mm f/2.8 EX DG OS and I've been pleasantly surprised by the results. The optical quality is excellent for a such a cheap bit of kit. :)

Anyway, enough yapping... Here's a few taken this afternoon.

Great first go at the raynox can take a bit of getting used to but looks like you have nailed it already.

Looks like f22 is the ticket here and we'll done for identifying that early. I'm stuck between #1/2 as my favourite.

Hi and well done to get yourself a raynox 250. I agree with Bryn, looks like you got it spot on with these, it's no that easy.
No 2 is fab, just about spot on.
Looking forward to seeing more from you.

Thanks everyone. :)

I'm really starting to enjoy my macro photography... I've even started getting a few funny looks from the neighbours when they see me mooching about in the garden looking for bugs! :D

I know that a full-frame sensor wouldn't normally be the weapon of choice for macro but I find the weight of the D800 is better for keeping me stable than my D7100. I've been really impressed with that Sigma 105 and the addition of the Raynox on top has made good kit even better.

Cheers,
Si

Nothing wrong with Full frame imho and is something on my road map as the better handling of noise at high ISO which makes it particular good for in-flight shots where you need high speed often in non optimal lighting.

Amazing shots.
It never occurred to me to put a raynox on the front of the Sigma. Must dig mine out of the bag and give it a try.

Really nice.....fantastic vibrant colours and detail in all of them! :)

Back