Critique New Raynox for me.

Name
Graham
Edit My Images
Yes
Good start Graham - they take a bit of getting used to but once you've mastered your technique, you'll be flying :)

I can't wait to see some very slow or motionless critters.

Good start and welcome to the world of macro, I forecast lots of new discoveries with your new lens and look forward to seeing what else you come up with.

Great start Graham, I notice some of these have been shot at f4.5 and 1/1600s ISO1600 (specifically #1) so you could have afforded a increase in the f number and decrease speed for your lens should be able to get away with 1/125s handheld. Did you let the camera control this? the DOF could be increased on most of these.

Images look better on Flickr than the post here.

Recommendations - Use higher f number, slow speed down (obviously to something you can happily hand hold the camera), ISO change per your environment but looks of these could have got away with ISO400 with still high shutter speed and smaller aperture.

But good start and I like forward to seeing more from your Raynox... :D

Last edited:
Thanks Bryn for your input, input taken in, digested and................spat out the rear end...lol, yeah silly ol me didnt notice the ISO was up that much, i try to use Nikon "M" now whenever i can as i like to use old primes with no AF.
I`ll see what i can do with regards better photos.

Thanks Bryn for your input, input taken in, digested and................spat out the rear end...lol, yeah silly ol me didnt notice the ISO was up that much, i try to use Nikon "M" now whenever i can as i like to use old primes with no AF.
I`ll see what i can do with regards better photos.

At least you digested it! Lol like the idea of old primes. Any suggestion on good brands.

At least you digested it! Lol like the idea of old primes. Any suggestion on good brands.

Well i have 2, Tamron 24mm (picked it up for a song) and a Nikon 50mm, ok for wide but not great for macro.

Back