B&W New School Year, New Grown Up haircut

Have I been away that long???? She's well grown up mate, credit to you. Great photography too.

The capture/pose in the 2nd is much stronger - cracking pic.

cute, the first could do with a tad more contrast to make it 'pop' like the one below it.

The processing is very similar except in the second I did as spotted, up the contrast in the second!

Thanks for looking/commenting!

S

Nailed that second one, S. nice job, batman. ;)

I'm sure I'm more like the Joker

I was pleased with both shots (deffo more the second one) mainly because I literally had a minute with her in between playing with loom bands!

Thanks for looking B and great to see some more of your pics!

S

Nice work Shaheed. I prefer the first (although I like the 2nd too) and think it would look much better with the contrast of the 2nd.

Was this a clamshell light setup?

I know how you feel about loom bands, our house is over run with them, i'm fed up of seeing them everywhere!!

Nice work Shaheed. I prefer the first (although I like the 2nd too) and think it would look much better with the contrast of the 2nd.

Was this a clamshell light setup?

I know how you feel about loom bands, our house is over run with them, i'm fed up of seeing them everywhere!!

I can't remember exactly - I blame the man flu I'm coming down with but certainly a 60x90 softbox high on axis and a 60x60 lower on axis (can't remember power settings but just what looked ok to my eye!)

And yes. Loom bands EVERYWHERE!!!

These pics are amazing, infact ive spent the last hour looking through your pictures on here and there all brilliant.
It was seeing your pictures that made me want to start trying portraits and to learn about lighting

can i ask what backdrop you use in your portraits?

mat

These pics are amazing, infact ive spent the last hour looking through your pictures on here and there all brilliant.
It was seeing your pictures that made me want to start trying portraits and to learn about lighting

can i ask what backdrop you use in your portraits?

mat

Hi Mat

Thank you for the extremely kind words.

No backdrop in these as I recall, just a plain grey wall!

S

No problems.

We all start somewhere. I learnt a lot by reading/taking lots of pics and posting up here fro critique.

If you're prepared to have your work constructively critiqued on here and take it as advice to get better as opposed to a personal attack on your work then you'll get better. Worked for me and I think my pics have got better over the years!

Stick with it and good luck.

S

Both well taken- exposure is bang on

No 2 has the edge for me pose wise

Les

Back