new shoes!

LongLensPhotography

Th..th..that's all folks!
Name
LongLensPhotography
Edit My Images
No
I did not go anywhere this weekend - so saved enough to buy these on sale and got to play around a little bit. 85mm at f/2.2 and natural light only. Would you do anything differently or got some creative ideas?

Would have chosen different shoes :D :exit:
That thought did cross my mind :LOL:

However, it takes some to get creative with just a pair of shoes [I have shot enough bridal shoes to know this], so I think I would have found a few props, or perhaps set them up somewhere that contrasts hugely with a new pair of shoes, on an abandoned, rusty car for example. Yes I know they aren't exactly 10 a penny, but you get the idea, just somewhere you really wouldn't expect to see a shiny new pair of leathers to provide some interest.

I would have changed the 'location'... shag carpets are never a good thing. :) Much like Yv has suggested, some place with lots of contrast, something gritty...maybe just an old wooden floor... And then I would have processed the heck out of it with clarity, contrast and textures, perhaps dropping the saturation down... I've played with an edit, can send it to you if you want via message so you can get an idea of what I mean... :)

I love this idea! As its non stop raining here today - looks like I won't be going to the hot air balloon fare :(
So just might find me a pair of shoes! ( might be old ones though)LOL :exit:

Got to agree with Bethy about the carpet, but at least you got your act together and set up a shot. I'd have preferred a wooden floor as background, and might even have broken the habit of a lifetime to suggest selective colouring. :eek: In fact, that might even work with the shag carpet if you darkened it down to make the shoes really pop. :exit:

Back