New Tamron 24-70 severe front focus close up

Name
Tom
Edit My Images
No
Hi,

Had my new Tamron 24-70 for a couple of days, straight away I noticed it was severely front focussing at near the MFD especially at 70mm.
I popped it on FoCal which confirms that at 50cm distance it needs +60 AFMA, +32 at 1m, going down to +12 at 4m all at 70mm. I have double checked with my Canon 15-85 which was fine.
Has anyone else had this issue with this lens? What would likely be the cause and how would it be rectified?
Will be taking it to Lehmanns in the week under warranty, a bit concerned that I will have to foot the bill if they don't find anything wrong...

Has to go to Lehmanns first as per Digital Rev's warranty procedure and they report back.

Having read an account on here last week about a similar DR and Lehmann's case.

Take a photo of the lens in its packaging exactly as it is when you return it, proof of date such as exif or daily paper would also be advisable.

Might seem a bit paranoid, but judging by what I read just trust me on this one

Last edited:
Yeah I read that too. Wondering if it worth getting Lehmanns to sign something to confirm condition of lens and packaging when I drop it off.

Wow, that was quick. Lens dropped in Tues, email from Digital Rev this am to confirm manufacturing fault and new lens on its way.

Back