New to this!

Name
Joanne Phillips
Edit My Images
No
New to all this so after some feedback to help me improve! All feedback welcome!
DSC_7804.jpg
[/IMG]

great idea!! To improve this particular shot I'd not centralise the dog so much put him/her slightly off centre in the frame it will help with the visual appeal (you can crop off some of the left of the image) then the only issue I have is it seems the focus is on the paws other than the eyes. I love it though otherwise!

I like the shot, but it's badly in need of sharpening. Tick your 'Edit' box (you need to go to your profile) and I can show you what I mean. ;)

I would crop everything to the left of the leftmost paw marks, crop to the right side of the dog, and crop the top a little bit closer to the head. Then do a B+W conversion and sharpen. Make sure to do the conversion.editing such that the paw marks are made more prominent. It will be very nice, I promise :)

Really good first shot. I agree with CT about the sharpening (a problem I too have). But unlike other replies, I really like the paw prints on the sand on the left side and if anything I'd crop on the right side a little.

Beauty about photography (like any other form of art) is that you can learn the technique, but every picture is personal.

Have loads of fun with your new-found hobby! :)

Ciao
Paolo

Welcome to TP (y) This is a nice shot ,the paw prints really add something to the shot . as said above a tighter crop ,a bit of a sharpen would only add to already a very nice shot.

But unlike other replies, I really like the paw prints on the sand on the left side

I like them too I think they important part of the image, I only meant crop off an inch or so and definitely not remove the paw prints.

I like them too I think they important part of the image, I only meant crop off an inch or so and definitely not remove the paw prints.

Sorry Lisa, must have misunderstood your comment :shake:

I like the photo. I like the paw prints and how the dog is running at you.

Well done :clap:

Back