Newbie posting his first images

Someone please let me know if i have done this wrong (i.e. posting these 3 images) or its posted in the wrong place

Thanks

Phil.

Nice introduction and welcome

1. Love it. Great reflection. I'd maybe just increase blue level saturation to give a fuller range of tones in this
2. Good, and nice processing
3. Not a fan of selective colour, but I can see why you did this. I like it and the path is a great lead in.

Hi, Nothing wrong with your postings they are all showing correctly and they are quite a strong first posting.

#1, My comments are virtually the same as Steve.

#2, I like it very much it pushes all the right buttons for me. The B&W PP is very good as is the composition. You've probably guessed I'm a great fan of B&W street photography.(y)

#3, These selective colour shots are a bit Marmite you either like them or you don't. Personally I don't mind them in some shots and this one falls into that category.

Looking forward to seeing your next batch of images.

George.

Hi and welcome to TP.
1. Same as Steve I think it's a great image with a good reflection and nice bold silhouette. Just to be different to Steve you could try lowering the blue for another effect, but looks good as it is.
2 Nice processing but the back ground looks a bit cluttered particularly with the second gent behind the first.
3 Once again I agree with Steve and also not a fan of selective colour but it does seem to be a stage most of us go through.

Thanks for the constructive comments, much appreciated.

One problem I have is that I am struggling to find just one or two genres to concentrate on and tend to try everything, if its there and looks good then shoot it, probably less so with landscapes though.
I feel I should put more effort into doing a few things good as opposed to several things average. And thats the reason why I joined TP .. inspiration and constructive comments may lead me into one thing more so than another.

I like street photography and love BW and they often go hand in hand hence these images below, hope you like,

Hanoi streets

View attachment 17656

Fast food at the fairground.

View attachment 17657

Milan Streets

View attachment 17658

Last edited:
1 and 3 are good shots especially the balancing dark are in 1 on the left
in 3 i get a good feeling from the saffron against the grey but would crop down from the top till it feels 'just right'..its too vertical just now
the other shots later are a bridge too far, i think a toe in the water is better than a big splash...in one post anyway
cheers
geof

Thanks for the C&C Mr Toad, , I had tried the crop on 3 but liked the idea of showing the full picture ie where he had come from and where he was going (well that was my thinking anyway). I will give it another go.

Not sure what you mean by the last part though ie toe in the water and splash.
Are you saying the 3 subsequent images submitted should be on a separate post/heading as opposed to under the same "newbie" topic.

Or are you saying as a newbie that I should be a bit more reserved and enter the forums in a more gentile manner. ?

Thanks

Phil.

Thanks for the C&C Mr Toad, , I had tried the crop on 3 but liked the idea of showing the full picture ie where he had come from and where he was going (well that was my thinking anyway). I will give it another go.

Not sure what you mean by the last part though ie toe in the water and splash.
Are you saying the 3 subsequent images submitted should be on a separate post/heading as opposed to under the same "newbie" topic.

Or are you saying as a newbie that I should be a bit more reserved and enter the forums in a more gentile manner. ?

Thanks

Phil.

sorry Phil...you can show as many as you like...its your forum too
i find it difficult to take in commenting on so many shots
so
i will stick to one i like and see some improvement in and do a cc on that one
the rest are probably ok so dont take my comments as being so correct...just preference

apologies again
cheers
geof

1. Wouldn't change a thing.
2. The shot is good, but the BW looks to digital to me.
3. I hate the PP, and it would be an epic shot otherwise.

Back