Newborn and Harley Davidson

Name
dave
Edit My Images
Yes
Now I'm not sure how these will go down but we love them and so do a lot of people so far...

My girlfriend works for Harley Davidson and with the launch of their new bikes, we thought we would tie it in with the launch of our new arrival. Unfortunately, we were limited to using the stores continuos lighting and with little space and no background, I had to do a fair bit of editing to even get these but a new shoot is planned soon. Lola wouldn't settle into a deep sleep and these two images were taken after nearly a 3 hour wait when we were all tired but I thought I would share anyway.

View attachment 23264
View attachment 23265

Hi Dave

I think they're a bit dark...certainly the second is, hard to make out the bike. Also, why black and white? Harley Davidson has that signature colour, if that's part of the theme of the images, I would have kept them in colour.

Just my opinion. What do the colour versions look like?

Cool stuff though, great idea. Just needs a little work, but you already mentioned you're planning another shoot because conditions weren't ideal, so fingers crossed for your next shoot. :)

concept needs work. You have great props to work with, so learn how to make the most of them. The baby should be the hero of the shot, instead Lola seems lost and dwarfed by the items. As Bethy said, they too dark, which I guess is the way you are hiding clutter in the background.

Thanks for the comments Bethy. The colours don't look great because we were shooting with a mix of on camera flash, continuous lighting and all the different lighting in the shop and the background had way too much going on so easier to paint it black and salvage something from the shoot otherwise 3 hours down the drain!

Thanks Dade, I don't know how to get Lola not dwarfed by a bike that's almost 2 metres long. I'm definitely revisiting this soon, but will need to use a smaller bike so we can get it in the front door of the house. The barrel shot was a quick grab shot so I had more than one image, not ideal but gives me a starting point.

Its a Harley - this would be all you would need to show, the name sells the bike. This way the baby appears as important as they bike ;)
Hadn't considered that crop, thanks. Revisiting this in 2 weeks time so will take all feedback on board, thanks.

Back