Newborn "Surfer"

Name
Christian Elizabeth
Edit My Images
Yes
just did a quick shoot for some friends babies dad is a big time surfer and wanted to incorporate that... I don't do a lot of posed newborn and it was a very tight space for using a giant surf boar for a prop but I would love to get some feedback on how to improve.

15054517835_ef6dd653a7_c.jpg

I love the concept and lighting. From a technical POV you've focused on the rope in front of the baby's head, and IMO it would have been better to have had the focal point about 3 inches further back, level with the (closed) eyes. That would help draw the eye to the baby's face instead of what they are laying on.

HTH. :)

I have to agree with Toni, ref the focal point- also I would consider shooting in landscape to incorporate more of the Surf Board and a lower POV would help too

Les

Great idea, but I'm not sure if I like the rope being there at all. I keep feeling the baby must be uncomfortable with it's soft skin laying on the hard rope. I would perhaps like to see a landscape view of the baby on the surfboard, but without the rope.

I agree with your points I have a few more shots from different angles I will post.... the 'rope' is actually a really soft scarf covering a pile of blankets so it was perfectly comfy for the baby:)

does this work better?

15064787445_3567964178_c.jpg

haha ok thank you!

Back