Critique Newcastle Quayside - colour and B&W

Hi Steve

Fantastic pictures of my home town river in the dark #1for me love the reflections of the whole image

Reactions: ST4
My original home city to, which I miss. Personally for me I love the black and white I would put that up on my wall. Great job. :)

Hi Steve, Two very nice images of somewhere I've not visited for a long time. I like them both very much but if I had to choose it would be the B&W shot for me.(y)

Great images. I like some of the others on your Flickr page even more. Looks like you had a great evening for it.

What's not to like? Lovely stuff. Small niggle with the mono is the slightly blurred reflection. Do you mind me asking the exposure length on these?

Cheers, exposure time was 25secs-30secs, ISO100. I suppose I could have bumped the ISO but I wasn't used to the D610 and its ISO performance, turns out it can pull ISO400 so cleanly there's no difference really.

ISO absolutely fine for me, maybe a narrower aperture for an exposure of a couple of minutes would have mirrored the ripples out. Still nice as it is though.

...and stunning versions they are mate, as good as any I've seen on here imo, for what its worth.

I love the tones and depth in the mono conversion

Back