Nice variation of insects/bugs this morning

Name
Carl
Edit My Images
Yes
I cant believe how hot it is in the UK. The hottest I can remember. Last night was so stuffy. This morning even stuffier.

Lots of bugs out today though, managed to get my first caterpillar! yaay!

All of these were stacked, from 2 images through to 5 images. The snail was the only one I didn't stack as its eyes move around a lot, a very curious little animal, but I do love its eyes. Doesn't freak me out as much as the others.

1.. A green thing
14723967076_5330f078cc_b.jpg

2.. One of those shelled ones, very pretty shell and lovely texture though.
14743796221_0c07546d53_b.jpg

3.. My first caterpillar yaaaay! couldn't get its mouth though.
14746958725_5c0a909d26_b.jpg

4.. Lovely snail
14744603644_7a32f45a02_b.jpg

5.. Fly and some droplets
14560279300_547c84d0a7_b.jpg

6.. Another fly and lots of droplets with reflections, mainly of its body though, but I do like this one.
14744612944_d63dc23f82_b.jpg

Thanks for popping in. No more bugs for me today, got to look after lily before I get divorced lol, have a lovely day everyone and try not to sweat too much. Its going to be another scorcher :beer:

Superb set again, loving the snails eyes :)

Superb set again, loving the snails eyes :)
thanks giovanni, me too :) They are quite curious if a little cautious but this fellow was happy to move his eyes around to look. I wonder what its like to see, through a snails eyes. Must be a very weird view! especially since the distance between the eyes can vary, i guess with eyes wider apart or closer together they can get close/further viewing. Fascinating little animal.

It must be a very weird 'field of view'

Remind me how you light these please Carl, thanks

I think you'll be teaching me soon :D

Thesee are all excellent. With the Snail being not very interesting. But the rest have lots of interest and great find on caterpillar.

Super set of bugs, liking the angle on the cinnabar moth caterpillar.

Excellent set, it's just amazing what these beasties look like in macro, pass most people by as just another insect.

Nice stuff Carl

It must be a very weird 'field of view'

Remind me how you light these please Carl, thanks
cheapo flash set on camera (neweer tt560) and a pringles tube cut in half so i can angle is downwards, with some packaging material tied on via a hair-bobble thingy. Tape it up with black tape to hold it together and hide the pringles logo etc.. and just slip it over the end of the flash. I think it was easier to assemble it while it was on the flash so I knew what angle to get it aimed for, hope that helps :) (not my idea btw, stolen from another TP user) :)

the pringles tube is perfect, it has reflective coating inside that just bounces the light around

14512796617_1e1abbc1b9_h.jpg

Last edited:
cheers everyone, its that pringles diffuser, doesn't half do some great lighting for it, though this material is a little thicker than the raynox material that comes with the filter. I might try tissue paper as its thinner and might spread it out more

I've seen that type of setup before, thanks for sharing.

Back