Nightlife and Festivals

Name
Alex
Edit My Images
Yes
My first paid work as a photographer was as a nightclub photographer when I was at University. I've kind of fallen into to is as a regular thing to make a bit of extra money and along the way enjoy some of my favourite events and festivals and seeing some of my favourite artists. I'm into EDM and other dance music. I enjoy the productions just as much. I think it's the vibrant colour and pyro etc that grabs my attention.

If people are interested, I'll happily update this thread with my work as I go along.

C&C is more than welcome as well :)

Otto Knows came to Newcastle on Friday.
tumblr_ng8nsdnvie1tmrnvpo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_ng6i03Exso1tmrnvpo1_1280.jpg

Fire-breathers at Newcastle's O2 Academy
tumblr_nf27drxWsb1tmrnvpo1_1280.jpg

I shot South West Four Festival in London this summer.
tumblr_ne5wy3goV31tmrnvpo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_ne5xcfSWKC1tmrnvpo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_ne60205vzJ1tmrnvpo1_1280.jpg

long these, not quite my scene :p but the colours and energy portrayed, I like a lot
It's the energy I've been trying to capture the most recently. The focusing is very difficult in smokey clubs and it can get quite frustrating when you miss the shot you want, but when you nail it, it's so rewarding!

in newcastle one of the club photographers uses OCF and a YN transmitter with a focus assist beam
gets the group shots every time.
looks VERY cool in the smoke too!
That could well be me! We all have a similar setup!

Whilst it used to be my thing (bit old for clubs now but still keep up with the music) the set you've posted here is great. All captured very well indeed, like it allot.

In a week's time I'll be shooting Northern Lights Winter Edition at the Sage in Gateshead, headlined by Above & Beyond.

This is another from the summer.

tumblr_ngfn5dIf6s1tmrnvpo1_1280.jpg

Back