Nikkor AF 1:1.8D - probs when used with a D80

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi folks...

Anyone know how to get the above lens working with a D80 on anything else than F22?

If I set the apeture to owt else I get a lock-up with an error code of E33

TIA.

Andy :)

Andy, Andy's right!

You have to the leave the lens at F22 and rotate the front scroll wheel on the camera to change the aperture (if you're shooting in 'A' aperture priority - I can't remember how rotating the front scroll affects the other shooting modes).

After fiddling for a bit with other settings I found setting the ring on the lens body to F22 pre-fitting to the cam gave a result. any other F stop on or off the camera resulted in the above lock-up with error code. All other lenses are fine, so the half-split diagnosis points towards incompatibility or fault with the lens???

Andy, Andy's right!

You have to the leave the lens at F22 and rotate the front scroll wheel on the camera to change the aperture (if you're shooting in 'A' aperture priority - I can't remember how rotating the front scroll affects the other shooting modes).

Makes a bloody change :D

Andy, Andy's right!

Caught your post after posting my reply above Dave.

I'll go try that out, Ta :)

Worked a treat guys, many thanks!

In Apeture Priority it works in all steps down to F1.8 using the front wheel (and alt wheel on the grip); The same was seen in Shutter Pri when using the back wheel(s) too...

I've been using my 18-50mm lens but fancied this one becaus of the apeture range for DOf

Thanks again...

Worked a treat guys, many thanks!

In Apeture Priority it works in all steps down to F1.8 using the front wheel (and alt wheel on the grip); The same was seen in Shutter Pri when using the back wheel(s) too...

I've been using my 18-50mm lens but fancied this one becaus of the apeture range for DOf

Thanks again...

:woot:

Excellent mate (y)

Make sure you flip the wee switch down to lock the aperture ring at f/22, otherwise it'll just keep throwing up the fEE error ;)

Good point Flash, and done (y)

Now where's the superglue to keep the lock tab there permenantly pmsl :LOL:

Back