Nikkor lens Clearance

Name
Brian
Edit My Images
Yes
Not sure if this is the right place to post this or not , please move/delete if inappropriate :)

7dayshop.com are doing a clearance on all their Nikkor lenses , looks like there are some good deals for people unfortunate enough to have Nikon Cameras ;)

What does everyone think about the AF Nikkor 70-300mm f4-5.6 AF-G for £68?

I know it's not the best lens in the world but isn't that something I should jump at until I can afford something better?

Ribby said:
What does everyone think about the AF Nikkor 70-300mm f4-5.6 AF-G for £68?

I know it's not the best lens in the world but isn't that something I should jump at until I can afford something better?

i just sold mine on ebay for £80 used ,

so for £68 new you cant go wrong ,

if you dont have anything with that power its better than nothing as long as you dont expect the world from it, like peeps say, its a bit soft at the 300 end, but i found it ok untill i moved up from it

MyPix

I haven't even got a zoom up to 200mm so even if I just used it up to there I reckon its a bargain :)

Borrowed the neighbours to test out against the 70-210 D f/4-5.6 for fun. Comparison shot below at 100% crop of a can of Mr Sheen :-

210vs300atf8.jpg

Not much in it. The 300 is nowhere near as well made, & can't focus as fast, but hey it does the job !!!

Nice one, thanks DJW. I've ordered one. :thumb:

Ribby said:
Nice one, thanks DJW. I've ordered one. :thumb:

m8, at that cost you will be well pleased with the lens, especially as it will be a brand spanker :clap:

enjoy:thumb:

MyPix

So does this mean Nikon are doing the same as Canon and using the law to stop retailers selling grey imports?

Joe T said:
Few of the prices are much better than onestop digital, and you are still likely to have to pay VAT/duty on lenses from 7dayshop.

Looks like they do quote the numbers as VAT incl though Joe T ? :confused-

Yep....taken from their site :-

If the delivery address for your order is in the United Kingdom, all prices shown are FULLY INCLUSIVE of UK VAT where applicable and all goods are in FREE CIRCULATION within the EU. No further duties or taxes are payable upon receipt of your order - we pay these for you.

DJW said:
Yep....taken from their site :-

and all goods are in FREE CIRCULATION within the EU.

This does make them grey though (probably) ... right ? :confused-

Venomator said:
This does make them grey though (probably) ... right ? :confused-

Yes, almost certainly. I woudn't buy a camera from 7dayshop because of the warranty thing, but I really miss them for Canon lenses, which carry an international warranty anyway.

Back