Last edited:
Here's one of me in Hoi An, Vietnam.

V1 & 18.5mm

Vietnam-1739
by Ned Awty, on Flickr

And another from Hoi An:

Vietnam-1763
by Ned Awty, on Flickr

I still really like the 1 system, they just make lovely pictures (just don't look 100% at high ISO). I keep pondering getting some Fuji for my smaller cameras but then I look at the shots from the 1 and change my mind - especially as it uses the same battery as the D610.

Amazing shots....

Love the isolation Steven.

Strong colours but not over saturated. Ned.

I took the D800 to Hunstanton for an airing today, met a Frenchman with J3 sporting the new large zoom.... Amazing bit of kit (but I couldn't give up the viewfinder though). Still in love with 1 System.

All good Mark …. as is B & W treatment

Tranquil is very atmospheric

well done

Good stuff... love the fishes in the pan!

I used silver efex pro, light room 5 plug in. Its one of the preset filters, I'm not sure which, will check when I'm home from work later

Last edited:
Very good Mike, I love this time of year..... Have you tried it at night? (I'll get me coat)

Clearly does... unlike the Tamron 150 -600 :( (I tried the other day)

Got a V2 a few weeks ago as a small backup camera that will fit in my bag without taking too much room up. It will also come in handy as a holiday snaps camera when I buy a lens - only got the FT1 adaptor at the moment.

Was out with the D810 and 500mm +1.4 TC yesterday and came across a Little Owl that was around 60+ yards away. Decided to give the V2 a try.

No camera will capture minute detail at these distances but it did a good job and I liked the image.

A gem amongst the junk by davepsemmens, on Flickr

Dave.

Last edited:
Please dont judge these they where taken to find out if the V2 would work with the Sigma 50-500,as you can see it does.

View attachment 35840

View attachment 35842

At 500mm think i needed a tripod.
was the sigma the os version? or do they only work on the v2 onwards?.. mine doesn't work on the v1 which is a big shame..

was the sigma the os version? or do they only work on the v2 onwards?.. mine doesn't work on the v1 which is a big shame..

Yes its the OS version,cant help with what it will work with but my firmware versions are

A 1
B 1
L 1
S --

Seriously impressed with the images on here, the 1 series seems too good to be true at the price they sell for used, def going to be my holiday camera, and will leave the D700 and 85mm 1.4 at home. May take the 35mm 1.8 fx with me if I can source the adapter at a good price.

Seriously impressed with the images on here, the 1 series seems too good to be true at the price they sell for used, def going to be my holiday camera, and will leave the D700 and 85mm 1.4 at home. May take the 35mm 1.8 fx with me if I can source the adapter at a good price.

Make sure you get the Nikon FT-1 adapter as others lose too much communication between lens and camera.

Used prices make them an absolute steal, you really can't beat them for image quality at that price. The 18.5mm is nice too, allows you to get some subject separation.

I just sold a J1, 10-30mm and 18.5mm to a mate for £160 (mate's rates) which from a photographic point of view is bargaintastic.

Coming from a slow to focus bridge camera which was failing to get shots of their kid they are delighted.

If, God forbid, I was removed of all my camera kit and only had small amounts of money to get back into it, used Nikon 1 kit would be the way I'd go as it is just sooooo cheap.

Guys..some incredible shots here. Keep them coming.
Anyone used a Nikon 1 with a 50mm or 35mm (DX) on it via the adaptor?

Some very nice shots on this thread.

Popped over to Bempton last week and took the V1 and 30-110mm lens with me. It was so light and easy to carry compared to my normal set up. :)

I am seriously considering the Nikon 1 70-300VR

Back