NIKON 17-55 f2.8 LENS

Name
Mervyn
Edit My Images
Yes
Can I have some comments please about the Nikon 17-55 f2.8 lens eg quality, value for money, suitability versus the 24-70 etc:bang::bonk:

I'm not a Nikon user, so can only comment in very general terms....

Having seen photos and reviews, I think the consensus is that it's built like a brick, and has the weight to go with it! Can't really comment on value for money....

Personally, I think 24mm isn't wide enough for a crop sensor 'walkabout' lens. I like landscapes, so I use a 17-50mm most of the time. However, if you're got an ultra wide angle, like a 10-20 or similar covering the wider stuff, and don't mind changing lenses (or have another body), the 24-70 could complement it well.

As I said, all in general terms, as I'm a Canon-ite!

Chris

17-55mm was my most used lens on a DX body - still use it on my D2Hs - great lens - highly recommended. I have lots of shots taken with it if you want to see some - many been on the forum before. 24-70 is perhaps more suited to FX - I have that as well.

On crop, it's the standard wide to normal zoom. Very well built, keeps it's value ok, though obviously far better if you buy second hand (theres on in classifieds and one on mpb at the moment), and it's nikon professional glass, meaning you could use it as a hammer, and it's sharp...

On crop, it's the standard wide to normal zoom. Very well built, keeps it's value ok, though obviously far better if you buy second hand (theres on in classifieds and one on mpb at the moment), and it's nikon professional glass, meaning you could use it as a hammer, and it's sharp...

What's mpb? Is it a website? Thanks in advance.

Another happy user here. It's on one of my bodies when they come out of the bag.

Back