Nikon 60mm micro f/2.8 AF-D

Name
Pat MacInnes
Edit My Images
Yes
So I've finally ditched those 'sub-standard' screw-in close up filters that I've been forced to use for the past two years due to my work not funding me for a macro lens.

I went online this week to look for something and good old MPB Photographic came up trumps - the Nikon 60mm (the older version) for £229, which I thought was a good price considering it's in absolute mint condition. I've maybe saved myself £80 on the majority of dealers, which is fine by me seeing as I'm actually paying for it myself. Optics are mint, body is mint, even the box is mint!

I'm well happy that now I can take shots like this, the coupling on my 18-70mm (not that it's interesting :)), instead of having to find that screw-in lens and get horrific CAs all the time. It also means that I have just about every lens I need for work bar the 10.5mm fisheye that I have my eye on next.

Specialman is very pleased :D

And so you should be! Looks in great condition. Enjoy using it. Look forward to seeing some shots.

Kev.

I had been looking at one of these for Mrs C but no seen a decent one at the price. Enjoy using it.

Nice, my one just arrived today as well, I bought it from Darren on here and it is the cleanest, mintiest s/h lens I have ever bought - you'd think it was brand new!

I like it so far and it seems to be built like a tank.

Nice, my one just arrived today as well, I bought it from Darren on here and it is the cleanest, mintiest s/h lens I have ever bought - you'd think it was brand new!

I like it so far and it seems to be built like a tank.

Same here. Build quality is typically AF-D - tough as old boots. I

I actually now want to do some close-up and macro stuff... :)

The mad thing about the lens (and I didn't know this was common with macro lenses) is the inability for the lens to maintain f/2.8 (its maximum aperture) through its entire focus length. Mind you, when you're focussing on something just a few inches away, a stop less max. aperture isn't really that bad is it when you're working with such a narrow DOF.

Back