Nikon 70-300 VR Lens

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
I recently brought the above lens from Camera Box.

I was in the process of insuring all my equipment and I noticed the serial number starts with 'US' and isn't on the same plate as the others. Does this mean it’s a US import?

Does it make any difference to the lens or a claim if I ever have to make one?

Thanks

Sounds like camera box have imported from USA and retailed it here.

As far as insurance is concerned, you have a receipt to say you bought it here so shouldn't be a problem. Also I'd expect anything I brought back off holiday to be insured anyway.

Never dealt with Camerabox but reading their website they state that they are a "UK based company delivering from the UK". They also state on the 70-300 VR page that the lens has a 2 year warranty. To be honest, I would get in touch with them (01844 215132) and ask them about the warranty and whether your lens should be a US one rather than a European or UK one.

Nikon lens warranty is International (unlike the camera bodies)

US lenses get a much better warranty - 5 years vs the paltry one year we get here

Nikon UK will honour the first year, for the remaining 4 years you can send it to Nikon USA in Melville and they will take care of the other 4 years.

Ok so this should make no impact on my Insurance aslong as i give them the right serial number?

Back