Nikon AF-S 17-35mm f2.8D

Snapper73

Name
Scott
Edit My Images
Yes
Nikon AF-S Nikkor 17-35mm f2.8D what do people think of this lens. looking into it for my landscape stuff on my D3. i have the 14-27mm & 24-70mm but the 14-27mm will not take filters.

Thoughts Please ;)

Supposed to be a wonderful lens and one that I'm after at the mo. Not as sharp edge to edge as the 14-24 (and apparently there are some soft copies out there) but probably more applicable as a landscape lens due to the filter issue.

:)

It's a lovely lens and I nearly did a trade with BionicDan this week but I couldn't bear to part with it.

I've been using one for over ten years now and it's still going strong - It's done four tours of Iraq and three tours of Afghanistan (and about to deploy again) as well as many many exercises and trips abroad.

I use it for about 85% of my images (the rest being on a 70-200).
It's looking a bit dented, battered and scratched now though the optics are fine, thanks to the sacrifice of about five UV filters along the way...

I wouldn't be without it...

I used to have one and it was a super lens, liked it a lot. I sold it when I had the D2x / D200 /D300 for the 12-24 DX and now I'm onto the D700 wish I still had it. Now I have the 24/70 Nikkor it seems an expensive lens for just the 17-24mm bit of the range so I'll probably go for the Sigma 12-24.
If filters are such an issue, go for it, you won't be disappointed. I would rather have the 14-24mm (if I could afford it) and Photoshop.

Back