Nikon AF-S DX 35mm f1.8 G

Name
Graham
Edit My Images
Yes
Anyone know where I can find one (in stock) for an appropriate price? IE. around the £200 mark?

Everywhere I have looked is out of stock or pre-order...

Grays of Westminster, i don't know i they have stock, but they are listing at £199 and i can recommend them, very efficient service.

(y) Excellent news..great service at Grays and want this lens myself so guess I will be 200 quid lighter this month.

been wanting to get this lens for some time, but finally decided to buy it. Typically when I decide to buy it, no one has stock. Happy I finally got one sorted.

And yes, really good service :)

Thanks everyone for all the help (y)

Last edited:
Very good indeed. Very sharp, excellent contrast and good colours. Really can't complain at 200 quid. If I was tight, I might moan about the small amount of chromatic aberration, but I won't, as it's easily fixed.
I'm not planning on going full-frame any time soon, so this is an excellent lightweight/discrete/general DX prime at a good price - no doubt settling to about £170 in the next few months (assuming the exchange rate doesn't get any worse).

Very good indeed. Very sharp, excellent contrast and good colours. Really can't complain at 200 quid. If I was tight, I might moan about the small amount of chromatic aberration, but I won't, as it's easily fixed.
I'm not planning on going full-frame any time soon, so this is an excellent lightweight/discrete/general DX prime at a good price - no doubt settling to about £170 in the next few months (assuming the exchange rate doesn't get any worse).

Good to hear! Good price for a good lens, on paper (my only experience with it).

I think there might be some stock in Manchester
London Camera Exchange.
Saw a live stock displayed on the shelf for 199 pounds..
Tried it out with my friend. very good lens.

If you had the choice between the new Nikon 35mm 1.8DX or the 50mm 1.8 which and why would you choose.I am new to digital photography but have really caught the bug.Im lucky to have had bought for me the Nikon D90 with kit lens.The idea of a prime lens for family and candid shots and also as a learning tool seems a good idea.Would be grateful for some help in choosing,cheers.

If you had the choice between the new Nikon 35mm 1.8DX or the 50mm 1.8 which and why would you choose.I am new to digital photography but have really caught the bug.Im lucky to have had bought for me the Nikon D90 with kit lens.The idea of a prime lens for family and candid shots and also as a learning tool seems a good idea.Would be grateful for some help in choosing,cheers.

35mm, as its the equivalent to a 50mm on a cropped sensor. My d40x and your d90 are both cropped.

Thanks Graham had a feeling you would say that.No one has any at the mo,so will hang on,cheers.

50mm was the old standard on 35mm because it was approx the same view as the human eye. So on DX this equates to 35mm, thus the old standard is back, sort of.

Back