Nikon D300, shall i wait?

Well, i couldnt wait any longer.
Stuart at Digital Depot done me a D300s and 16-85mm VR for not much more than some places are selling D300 with a 16-85mm. What with the lens money off vouchers, ill save enough money to have made the "s" cheaper than a 300 by the time ive bought a couple more.(if that makes sense!?)

Would any of you say that it is worth £300 more for the video feature, CF/SD card slot, virtual horizon and the other changes made for the D300s?

Bearing in mind that buyers of the D300s may receive lens vouchers twice of a discount, than the D300?

Thanks!

Would any of you say that it is worth £300 more for the video feature, CF/SD card slot, virtual horizon and the other changes made for the D300s?

Bearing in mind that buyers of the D300s may receive lens vouchers twice of a discount, than the D300?

Thanks!

I was looking at getting the D300 until I heard the D300s is out.

I know it costs more and according to some, the video is 'just a gimmick' but I will use it, even if its just for recording friends and family messing around. I just gives us an extra medium to record things in :)

I was umming and arring when they were at £1600 but now they've hit £1300ish I will be getting one.

Only you can decide if the extras are worth it tbh.

I was looking at getting the D300 until I heard the D300s is out.

I know it costs more and according to some, the video is 'just a gimmick' but I will use it, even if its just for recording friends and family messing around. I just gives us an extra medium to record things in :)

I was umming and arring when they were at £1600 but now they've hit £1300ish I will be getting one.

Only you can decide if the extras are worth it tbh.

I suppose it is up to the individual. :)

Is the sensor/image processor any different?

There's now a DigitalRev first impressions video on YouTube. :)

Back