Nikon D300s or D300

Name
Oscar Dewhurst
Edit My Images
No
I am looking to upgrade my Nikon D60 to either a D300 or D300s :D. Originally, I was going to go for a D300 because I didn't feel that the price difference justified the differences between the two. But now, I have just learnt that apparently, the D300s's image quality is better than the D300. Also, I fell that I wuold use the movie mode. But, my question is do you think I should get a D300 now and then be able to upgrade to a better camera quicker, or get the D300s now and have no camera money left. If I got the D300, I would be able to afford Adobe Lightroom and memory cards, and maybe some filters, but if I bought the D300, I wouldn't have enough.

Thanks

Oscar ;)

Get the D300. Bottom line is you will need the memory cards and filters and Lightroom is worth every penny. Unless of course you have a burning desire to have a video facility, I sincerely doubt that you would notice the quality difference. Which lens do you intend getting with it by the way?

Get the D300. Bottom line is you will need the memory cards and filters and Lightroom is worth every penny. Unless of course you have a burning desire to have a video facility, I sincerely doubt that you would notice the quality difference. Which lens do you intend getting with it by the way?

Thanks,

I already have the Bigma and am not planning on upgrading that until I can afford a Nikon 300mm f2.8 VR which will be a while!! The only reason I was wondering about the IQ was because I saw a discussion on another forum in which Andy Rouse said that they were improvig the IQ on the D300s.

Oscar

If you are spending £1500 on the D300s why not just get the D700 and have a full frame beauty...!

I think I will probably end up going for the D300 as I can then upgrade faster and it is much cheaper.

might be worth holding on a few weeks unless you are desperate for the new camera now, wouldnt be surprised if Nikon drop the old 300 and bring the prices closer together.

might be worth holding on a few weeks unless you are desperate for the new camera now, wouldnt be surprised if Nikon drop the old 300 and bring the prices closer together.

Thanks all,

I need it for a trip to South Africa in October half term, but IMHO it helps to know how to use the camera first so maybe 2-4 weeks for that. I would want it by the middle of eptember.

Back