Nikon d3200 live view on laptop?

Name
Aris Savva
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi everybody

I would appreciate any help regarding live view on a laptop or tv.

Basically, my wife wants to create some video courses. Throughout the recording, she needs to be able to see where her hands are and what is being recorded. I bought a mini hdmi to hdmi cable to connect to TV or laptop but it seems that she will require some kind of software perhaps for this to work. I haven't tried to connect the tv but i believe it should work properly upon choosing HDMI on the tv.

To be clear, she wants to be able to see what she is doing on another screen (preferably her laptop) while recording. I can use the TV, but it's a hassle. It' too big and inconvenient. If any of you can recommend any software or ways to work around this issue, it will be highly appreciated.

The camera being used for the recording is Nikon d3200.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon

Kind regards,
Aris

This INFO should help. Also regarding tethering the camera you will need the software I believe, try CameraControl 5.2 HERE And welcome to the forums Aris(y)

Thanks a lot sbowler579

I skimmed through the info you provided and don't really see anything regarding the connection between an external monitor (laptop/tv) and camera for live view. Even though the title states "Using Your Monitor as a Viewfinder" Ill test CameraControl 5.2 ... any other suggestions or recommendations are welcome.

Back