Nikon D50 body only £314 at Amazon!!

Sounds like a bargain - even without a lens, you even get free delivery.

I think Gemok might be interested as I recall he's looking for a DSLR for his newly acquired tripod.

Warspite said:
Sounds like a bargain - even without a lens, you even get free delivery.

I think Gemok might be interested as I recall he's looking for a DSLR for his newly acquired tripod.

Time to start looking at the finances and working out how to get it delivered without anyone else in the house asking what it is :whistle2:

SammyC said:
Post it to me, I'll happily cover for you.

;)
now thats a great plan I'll do just that :smilenod:
(is it me or does this smiley look sarcastic?)

Looks a serious smilie to me, binding contract and all that now! ;)

So, are you tempted to the dark side (Nikon)?

I'm still tempted by the dynax 5d to be honest not much in it price wise but the 5d has anti shake ........... shame about the whole sony merger thing not sure where the product line is going to go

You do need to consider the range and quality of lenses available to you when buying an SLR. Literally the body is only half of it.

BTW, I have no idea about the good/bad -ness of the range you suggest.

SammyC said:
You do need to consider the range and quality of lenses available to you when buying an SLR. Literally the body is only half of it.

BTW, I have no idea about the good/bad -ness of the range you suggest.
yeah nor do I. although third party manufacturers like sigma do make lenses with the minolta mount system so they'll all be available.

The big plus is obviously the huge price difference between IS and non-IS lenses. In a realistic world I'm not talented enough to warrant IS prices.

The big downside is Minolta is pulling out of DSLRs, Sony have bought rights to the mount system so there maybe some nice bodies in the future but I don't rate sony's P&S cameras so maybe not. Apparently a Sony DSLR is set to launch this summer (summer in japan that is) I'm going to try and sit on the fence till then. Its unclear if sony have the rights to the antishake system...... unless I find tooo good a deal, the amazon deal is good but not a HUGE saving over warehouse express @ £349

I've thought about this alot and I don't need a dslr until my next trip abroad (likely Africa) untill then my e900 (which costs £50 more now than when I bought it :D) will suffice

Ah but if you got the DSLR now you'd have plenty of time to get used to it to ensure top shots on hols ;)

DJW said:
Ah but if you got the DSLR now you'd have plenty of time to get used to it to ensure top shots on hols ;)
the main thing I've got to get my head around are manual controls which my e900 has :D I'm good at remembering what switch does what

They are also awful to deal with for repairs/returns although very good at selling the stuff in the first place.

Back