Nikon d5200 EN-EL14 batteries?

I have about six Batteries now for my D5300, 3 of them are definitely the real thing as they came with different camera bodies, the other 3 came from Ebay and I have no doubt they are probably fake as I never paid much more than £20 for each of them, bought them just over a year ago and so far had no problems but of course when you buy something which is snide/fake you do run the risk it might not work. So I would say you will probably be ok with them working fine and more than likely will have no problems but there is always the small chance they will not work or will not hold the charge, if you do buy from Ebay though then try and buy from a good seller and not someone overseas.

Nikon issued a firmware update at the end of 2013, that killed off most third party battery compatibility, the list included my D3200 and the D5200. It would be worth checking which firmware version is on the camera before buying a battery. It may be that third party batteries have caught up with the latest firmware and now work, so it may or may not be an issue if the camera has been updated. If not updated, then there should be no problem.
http://petapixel.com/2013/12/09/new...d-party-battery-compatibility-several-models/

Back