Nikon D60

Name
John
Edit My Images
No
I was thinking of buying the above as my first DSLR until I read Ken Rockwell.....
Is there a counterview?
Thanks.

I have one, as a first DSLR it's a great piece of kit. Ken Rockwell is very hit and miss with people, some swear by him, some swear about him. Don't be put off though, I love mine. I'm thinking of selling it and upgrading but that's only because I've been seriously bitten by the bug.

i have a d60 and a 40d from canon, the d60 is great, but not with the kit lens, with the kit lens the pics look ok but nothing much beyond a good compact. i stuck a 35mm 1.8 on mine and it came to life.

the camera feels small, it is tiny, and it feels a bit like a "my first dslr" but ive fallen for it a bit with that 35mm on it.

id suggest you buy the best camera you can afford.

I've got a D60 and it's great and given that you probably won't be buying mega long lenses you'll probably want to crop some of your pics a fair bit so the extra megapixels will help.

That said, go for the camera that feels happy in your hands (as the D60 did for me).

Please take what uncle Ken says with a pinch of salt ;)

Really important to hold and play a little with all the cameras that interest you or fill your needs (I was almost determined to buy Canon, but then I went to a shop and had a 'play' - I didn't end up with a Canon)

I have the D60, and it is amazing, the only thing that lets it down in my opinion is needing to buy AF-S lenses which are more expensive.

Back