Nikon D600 / D610 Official Users thread - Anything D6x0 related

Just checked the shutter count, 3780 - am I right in thinking the shutter hasn't been replaced?

Sent it back today. The customer service advisor told me it's going to be looked at as a priority. Told her unimpressed - in its current state the camera is unfit for purpose. Fingers crossed they'll send me a D610.

I am thinking of taking the Plunge from a d5100 to a second hand D600, or a d610, new or used. Is the sensor issue on the D600 that bad that I should only consider the d610. Like the price of the d600 better, especially as new lenses are also in the pipeline.

I am thinking of taking the Plunge from a d5100 to a second hand D600, or a d610, new or used. Is the sensor issue on the D600 that bad that I should only consider the d610. Like the price of the d600 better, especially as new lenses are also in the pipeline.
D600 is a risk.

I'd agree, only get a D610. They are so cheap now it'd be silly to skimp over a D600.

Not saying you should go for D600 but had mine for a while now and shot many weddings with it and no dust ..... Great camera

A frien of mine has got one and not had a problem, but I am torn 50/50 at the moment, not a large price differential, but I would need at least one lens as well for starters. But for the sake of waiting a hile longer I could go for a 650.

I may have missed the reasoning, but why not go new from Panamoz? Will be cheaper and it's spanking new.
Or even HDEW if you prefer to buy from a UK company. About £45.00 more than Panamoz at £919.00.

:agree: Same here, the prices are too good to turn down IMO. And compared to secondhand, you have a 3 year warranty from either company.. I have bought two D7000 from HDEW and I bought my XT1 from Panamoz recently, excellent service from them, four days to arrive from HK.

:agree: Same here, the prices are too good to turn down IMO. And compared to secondhand, you have a 3 year warranty from either company.. I have bought two D7000 from HDEW and I bought my XT1 from Panamoz recently, excellent service from them, four days to arrive from HK.

Thanks for the heads up, noted about your D7000's, the D7100 was another choice for me, to save changing lens, I know its still DX.

Quick update - spoke to Nikon today, they're swapping my D600 out for a new D610, although at this stage they're unsure when they'll have them in stock.
Bearing in mind this is only the second time I've sent the camera in for repair its a good result.
I did underline though, since the camera was still fairly new, it would make more sense just to exchange it rather than continuously sending it back and wasting everyone's time, including theirs.

Wonder if they resolved this problem on the D600 in later models. I know 2 professional togs who have these along with their D4s, both togs have used the D600s a lot and neither of them have had any problems at all with the oil issue.
The problem you have if you buy secondhand ones is you could get a good one or a bad one, it's a gamble

Wonder if they resolved this problem on the D600 in later models. I know 2 professional togs who have these along with their D4s, both togs have used the D600s a lot and neither of them have had any problems at all with the oil issue.
The problem you have if you buy secondhand ones is you could get a good one or a bad one, it's a gamble

It is a gamble but if you end up with one like mine, a bit of perseverance with Nikon will see your camera replaced, second hand or not.

Yeah I was going to say apart from oil spots..... Still had no bother with my D600 (fingers crossed)

I haven't had the time for a proper play, however it's essentially a D600 with an improved shutter so not expecting anything different to be honest. Fab camera tho.

I use mine all the time for my weddings with no problems at all. Brilliant camera....very happy with it

Hi

Keen amateur here enjoying my D610 but just thought I'd check on one thing. I've got 2 lens, Nikon 24-70 2.8G and Nikon 50 1.4G. All my kit was purchased on here 2nd hand and all seems fine. With the 50 I thought this might be handy for days when I didn't fancy lugging the zoom around. I'm mostly shooting my kids around and about so there's usually plently of other baby/kids gear with us!

Anyway, from my small-ish amount of use, when I'm out with the 50 I feel like I struggle to get the pictures bang on as well as I would have done with the zoom. The lens is perfectly capable of getting a nice sharp shot but just feels a bit more hit and miss compared to the 24-70.

Is this to be expected with the 50, perhaps known to not be as fast in the same conditions?

Thanks!

Hi

Keen amateur here enjoying my D610 but just thought I'd check on one thing. I've got 2 lens, Nikon 24-70 2.8G and Nikon 50 1.4G. All my kit was purchased on here 2nd hand and all seems fine. With the 50 I thought this might be handy for days when I didn't fancy lugging the zoom around. I'm mostly shooting my kids around and about so there's usually plently of other baby/kids gear with us!

Anyway, from my small-ish amount of use, when I'm out with the 50 I feel like I struggle to get the pictures bang on as well as I would have done with the zoom. The lens is perfectly capable of getting a nice sharp shot but just feels a bit more hit and miss compared to the 24-70.

Is this to be expected with the 50, perhaps known to not be as fast in the same conditions?

Thanks!

That's pretty much my experience using the 50mm (both 1.4 and 1.8g's) to shoot kids. The AF is slow on it and although it's accurate I sometimes think it just doesn't keep up. The 2.8 zooms are usually very quick in the same sort of situation.

Yes, a bit of online research suggests that the 1.4 can be a bit slower than the 50 1.8G. Whilst tempting to swap to the 1.8G I suspect the difference is small and still a bit behind the 24-70.

I took my D600 in for sensor cleaning a few months ago and have since clocked up probably around 2k photos since. There are a few spots again. I'm looking to send this to nikon for their warranty repair. However, I bought this second hand and I don't have the warranty card. The online form is asking for date of purchase. How do I go about sending this in for repair?

I took my D600 in for sensor cleaning a few months ago and have since clocked up probably around 2k photos since. There are a few spots again. I'm looking to send this to nikon for their warranty repair. However, I bought this second hand and I don't have the warranty card. The online form is asking for date of purchase. How do I go about sending this in for repair?

Have you called them? Nikon that is.
For a D600 you wont need the warranty card.
When you call them they will take you though the process and send you an email containing the return address labels. Postage is free.

Have you called them? Nikon that is.
For a D600 you wont need the warranty card.
When you call them they will take you though the process and send you an email containing the return address labels. Postage is free.

No I havent. That's what I was hoping for (not needing the warranty card). I will give them a call on Monday! Many thanks.

So, when D600s get sent to nikon for a new shutter and clean. Do they replace it with an improved shutter mechanism?

So, when D600s get sent to nikon for a new shutter and clean. Do they replace it with an improved shutter mechanism?

Yes, but problem persisted, so eventually replaced with D610 :)

Ok, guys. I got my shutter replaced on the D600 for the first time a couple of months back. I have started noticing that dirt and debris is back on the top left and corner which means the fix was not up to the mark. Disappointed

I want to send it to Nikon now and I was wondering if some of you can advice me on how I should proceed to demand a D610 as a replacement as I don't want to keep sending my camera every two -three months and not sure if changing the shutter on D600 would even fix the problem.

Any email , letter , talking over phone to Nikon you guys have done that you believe led to Nikon replacing the camera is appreciated. I might as well do it now than wait for the 3rd repair attempt.

On a related note - for those who got a D610 as a replacement - have you noticed any dust or debris issue at all?

Ok, guys. I got my shutter replaced on the D600 for the first time a couple of months back. I have started noticing that dirt and debris is back on the top left and corner which means the fix was not up to the mark. Disappointed

I want to send it to Nikon now and I was wondering if some of you can advice me on how I should proceed to demand a D610 as a replacement as I don't want to keep sending my camera every two -three months and not sure if changing the shutter on D600 would even fix the problem.

Any email , letter , talking over phone to Nikon you guys have done that you believe led to Nikon replacing the camera is appreciated. I might as well do it now than wait for the 3rd repair attempt.

On a related note - for those who got a D610 as a replacement - have you noticed any dust or debris issue at all?

Call them, tell them you're unhappy, tell them that to continuously keep sending it back to be fixed only then to discover the problem returns, is in no ones interest.
It costs them money and you're without a camera! What's the point??
On a huge plus note, no issues with the 610.

Back