Nikon D750 & D780

is there a way to chance how iso in controlled? Holding down the ISO button on the right is a PITA :mad:

If it's like a D610, some where in the settings you can choose to have ISO controlled on the thumbwheel nearest you when you're shooting. Easy ISO it may be called?

If it's like a D610, some where in the settings you can choose to have ISO controlled on the thumbwheel nearest you when you're shooting. Easy ISO it may be called?

Yes that's it . There is an Easy ISO setting. You can also toggle between Auto ISO and Manual ISO via the thumb wheel.

Nice one.

I'm going to get the manual out tomorrow and have a good read, in the mean time anyone know of any "quick set up" resources online?

First Nikon in 15 years!

Just ordered my 50mm 1.8 to go with the D750. Hopefully the camera arrives Friday, I got a tracking number yesterday.

is there a way to chance how iso in controlled? Holding down the ISO button on the right is a PITA :mad:

On my D7100 I mostly leave it in auto ISO. Set it to either use a minimum shutter speed or tell it to automatically scale the shutter with the lens focal length to eliminate camera shake. You can even configure that part to be more or less sensitive if you're generally a bit more stable or more wobbly!

Eg, at default it'll go as low as 1/50 with a 50mm focal length. You can tell it to maybe go to 1/60 or down to 1/30 for example.

It's great and can be turned off again easily.

Only thing it doesn't do is recognise VR being turned on, so won't go from say 1/200 at 200mm down to 1/50. Not a major issue though.

Last edited:
My tracking still hasn't updated and I got the number early Tuesday. It could be half way here by now lol.

You can also configure the REC button to ISO control when shooting stills. Works best for me.
Ah nice, I remember people asking for that on some other cameras. I think I even tweeted them about it!

Ordered Monday, despatched Tuesday, now in the UK via Dubai and Koln and out for delivery from my local UPS depot.

This give me hope that mine might arrive today. Ordered Monday, dispatched Tuesday!

Last edited:
Nikon have knocked £500 off the D4s.All the pros are moving to the D750?.LOL. :D

They would've done it anyway. They overpriced it in the first place. The D4s won't be affected much by the D750. The D810 will though, so will the D610 which should balance it out.

as a canon user (2 5D Mk 2's) the 5D mk 4 ( i can never afford to upgrade every time so normally upgrade every other release) needs to be as good as the D750 at the very minimum.

If not, i may well be parting ways..... The shadow detail this seems to retain is awesome. There are 3 things i want from a camera / lens.
Fast accurate AF
Great high ISO performance
Great detail in highlights and shadows

This D750 jobby seems to tick the boxes.

Im currently editing a wedding using my 5d2 and couple of shots that i really like for the emotion are a tad under exposed, at high ISO....when i pull up the exposure in post the noise barely allows them to be usable....I dont want that inflexibilty.....(i could of course nail exposure EVERY TIME however we all know that when there is fast action moving between light and dark its not always possible....)

hmmmm.....:thinking:

I don't think it's going to be here today, my tracking just updated. Surprised if that's accurate, since the tracking number was created on Tuesday morning so not collected from them for 2 days!

Scheduled Delivery:
Thursday, 16/10/2014, By End of Day
Last Location:
Kowloon Bay, Hong Kong, Thursday, 16/10/2014

The time it's given me for being in Kowloon is only 1 hour ago.

I don't think it's going to be here today, my tracking just updated. Surprised if that's accurate, since the tracking number was created on Tuesday morning so not collected from them for 2 days!

Scheduled Delivery:
Thursday, 16/10/2014, By End of Day
Last Location:
Kowloon Bay, Hong Kong, Thursday, 16/10/2014

The time it's given me for being in Kowloon is only 1 hour ago.

The D750's that good, it delivers itself (y)

Is this a camera for wildlife photographers?

A/F certainly seems good ... I've seen some questions on A/F point 'closeness' and slow/limited buffer but don't know if they are valid?

Is this a camera for wildlife photographers?

I would suggest that it is however Joe who started this thread doesn't think it's good enough to freeze Kingfishers with its 1/4000 shutter speed. I don't know ? - D810 perhaps 1/8000 ?

D810 perhaps 1/8000 ?

Had to send my D810 back as it wouldn't A/F with one f2.8 lens with a TC-14 II attached ... bit of a puzzle really as the combo worked fine with the D800 and D4 and Nikon said there shouldn't be a problem. Supplier wouldn't accept Nikon's view and declined a replacement, refunding in full instead.

Had to send my D810 back as it wouldn't A/F with one f2.8 lens with a TC-14 II attached ... bit of a puzzle really as the combo worked fine with the D800 and D4 and Nikon said there shouldn't be a problem. Supplier wouldn't accept Nikon's view and declined a replacement, refunding in full instead.

That's very bizarre, I don't know what to suggest normally Nikon lenses state what lenses are compatible with their converters.

Yes the lens is shown as fully compatible with the Nikon TC-14 II, TC-17 II and 2.0 III converters, so the only 'unknown' is the D810 ... as I say, worked fine with the D800 & D4.

Yes the lens is shown as fully compatible with the Nikon TC-14 II, TC-17 II and 2.0 III converters, so the only 'unknown' is the D810 ... as I say, worked fine with the D800 & D4.

I'm in Filton, Mon - Fri if you want to try it out on my D810 / D750 and fire off a few frames you would be welcome. Drop me a PM if you like so we could sort out a mutually convenient time.

Thanks Nick, might do that ... also considering a D4S though.

Re the 1/4000 shutter speed for Kingfishers, there are lots of images on Flickr that would indicate that 1/4000 would be adequate (if not perfect).Besides, when one is talking of wildlife there aren't that many subjects that would need 1/8000 so the D750 shutter speed shouldn't stop it being an excellent wildlife shooter. As for Joe, I've looked at the wildlife portfolio on his webpage and cant see any subject that he has had to use an extreme shutter speed for. His Kingfisher images appear to be static perched subjects. His opinion on the camera is exactly that....opinion....based on nothing as the camera hadn't even been released when he gave his opinion.
He has gone very quiet on the subject since the positive reviews have appeared from actual users and testers.

As for Joe, I've looked at the wildlife portfolio on his webpage and cant see any subject that he has had to use an extreme shutter speed for. His Kingfisher images appear to be static perched subjects. His opinion on the camera is exactly that....opinion....based on nothing as the camera hadn't even been released when he gave his opinion.
He has gone very quiet on the subject since the positive reviews have appeared from actual users and testers.

Of course it's only Joe's opinion but I can tell you that he's got some superb kingfisher diving/flight shots ... he is by no means only taking images of 'birds on a stick'.

They are on his flickr stream :)

Got em.... i can see two really nice in flight shots, exif data shows one taken at 1/2000th and one at 1/1600. They look like really good images and nowhere near the 1/8000 or the D750s 1/4000th so not sure why he made the comments about 1/4000 not being fast enough for Kingfishers. Perhaps he will come back on soon and let us know if his view of the D750 has changed. (Not that that would influence my choice in any way).

Can't recall that I've ever shot at more than 1/4000th :)

My tracking updated. It's coming Monday to work. I'm not at work on Monday :-(. I can go fetch it, never mind.

Back