Nikon D750 & D780

I toyed with the idea of ordering my new D750 with this lens and selling my 50mm and 28mm primes but the reviews I read regarding truly dreadful barrel and pincushion distortion put me right off. One article I read did say you could compensate for the distortion in Photoshop by entering certain correction factors (which the article supplied) but who the hell wants to do that all the time. So, tempted as I was by the do-all lens at first, I have stuck by my primes.

Really don't recognise that for the new f4, though it was a problem with the older version.

Really don't recognise that for the new f4, though it was a problem with the older version.

Was going to mention this. The old variable aperture version gets poor reviews. The f/4 version is usually very highly regarded.

I'm sure it will show some distortion (what lens doesn't?) but Lightroom for example is so cheap compared to lenses and bodies that even if you're just using it for lens preset and cataloging, it's well worth it.

My D750 import settings are

Lens corrections
Vibrance 20
Clarity 20
Sharpening 35
Chroma noise 15

Anything else are the defaults it imports with anyway. I find those get me close enough to where I want to start my PP.

Was going to mention this. The old variable aperture version gets poor reviews. The f/4 version is usually very highly regarded.

I'm sure it will show some distortion (what lens doesn't?) but Lightroom for example is so cheap compared to lenses and bodies that even if you're just using it for lens preset and cataloging, it's well worth it.

Buying the D750 with 24-120 through Panamoz means you get the camera for approx. £1225 and the lens for £428 (assuming you pay with bank transfer). I had a look in the UK and the lens alone seems to cost around £800. I originally ordered the D750 body only but decided, after listening to everyone on this forum, and reading some pretty decent reviews on the lens, that it would be stupid not to buy for £428. I emailed Panamoz and even through the camera had already been shipped they were happy to let me add the lens at the original bundle cost - subject to paying a further £20 for shipping as the body had already been shipped. I was nervous dealing with these guys but everything so far has been amazing. Thanks to those who gave their experience of dealing with Panamoz on this forum and for the info on the lens. Cannot wait to go full frame. Will let you know how it goes when it all arrives next week.

New versions of lr are normally released with acr updates so I imagine it won't be long

Unless LR6 is coming before Christmas I doubt it.

Ive just updated LR5 so D810 raw files can be used are the D750 raw files different again?

Any opinions on straight out of camera JPG from the 750 ? - I have been doing this while waiting for ACDsee to update raw support as well as my elements 11 (which probably won't be updated) . Been very pleasantly surprised.

I'm curious, when you buy Nikon equipment from Panamoz do you get the Nikon worldwide guarantee card? When I bought my D750 I got two years warranty if I registered within 30 days, how come Panamoz have a three-year guarantee, who repairs it in the third year?

I'm curious, when you buy Nikon equipment from Panamoz do you get the Nikon worldwide guarantee card? When I bought my D750 I got two years warranty if I registered within 30 days, how come Panamoz have a three-year guarantee, who repairs it in the third year?

It's not a Nikon warranty so years 1-3 rest with Panamoz.

It is a Europe wide warranty I have though. Thought it was world wide but apparently that only applies to 'certain' products, whatever that might mean. Probably includes the D4 and lenses costing upward of four grand.

Question:
Having watched the review on DigitalRev are all the focus point in the middle? Not spread out like my current d300 or the d8x0 ?

Was thinking this would be the upgrade. Not so sure now...

It's still the 51 focus points but the grouping is slightly tighter on the D750. I have the D810 and also the D750 the AF and tracking on both is excellent. It's a non issue.

Just received my D750 from Panamoz. Ordered on the 5th so very good delivery time. I just double checked the serial number with Nikon Europe and they confirmed it was a D750 from the Japanese market. I asked them if they had any issues with that per se and was informed that they didn't. They also explained that the Nikon service centres would be happy to deal with any issues, however at a charge. Anyways, camera feels great in the hand, battery is on charge (came with UK plug and manual) and just need the clock to strike 6 so I can get out of work and take it for a spin. Cant wait.

Hi again..

Found the following Comparison D750 - d300s

Um, what does it mean, D300s " Significantly more lenses available " <<< is this just the dx lenses?

@ppl with the camera who have used a d300 :
Have you noticed much problems getting focus. I like the focus points being spread out, nearer the edge of the picture. Now I'm wondering if its the sensor and the focus points are actuall in the same place, but FF being more, pushes them more centrally... Mainly just wondering if it is much of a handicap or you just get used to it... :)

Thanks for the replies

Just received my D750 from Panamoz. Ordered on the 5th so very good delivery time. I just double checked the serial number with Nikon Europe and they confirmed it was a D750 from the Japanese market. I asked them if they had any issues with that per se and was informed that they didn't. They also explained that the Nikon service centres would be happy to deal with any issues, however at a charge. Anyways, camera feels great in the hand, battery is on charge (came with UK plug and manual) and just need the clock to strike 6 so I can get out of work and take it for a spin. Cant wait.
Region codes are on the side of the box

Hi again..

Um, what does it mean, D300s " Significantly more lenses available " <<< is this just the dx lenses?

Have you noticed much problems getting focus. I like the focus points being spread out, nearer the edge of the picture. Now I'm wondering if its the sensor and the focus points are actuall in the same place, but FF being more, pushes them more centrally... Mainly just wondering if it is much of a handicap or you just get used to it... :)

Thanks for the replies
Completely meaningless comparison. A d750 and a d300s?
Failed to note that both have built in lens drive motors rather than just the d300s as well.

Hi again..

Thanks for the replies
Snapsort dont actually compare any camera against any other camera, they are just a database, they simply log figures produced from manufacturers and other sites like DXO Mark

Adam did you get it with the 24-120 f4, if so what is your view of the lens?

Adam did you get it with the 24-120 f4, if so what is your view of the lens?

Hey, I didn't originally order with the lens but after listening to people on this site and realising it was only an extra £420 I decided to order. Because I ordered it late it didn't come with the camera body but should be here Friday or early next week. Will let you know once I've had a play with it.

Last edited:
the 24-120 f4, if so what is your view of the lens?

If its any help I've had the 24-120 on my D610 for the past four months and its fantastic. Went to Malaysia on hols with this combo plus a couple of primes (50mm and 85mm) and I never took off the zoom. Not quite sharp as the primes but a very good all round walkabout lens.

This was posted on the top of Page twenty in this thread (post #761), probably the reason why.

I should have said, that was a post answering someone's question about getting the RAW files into LR!

Did you do this editing all in lightroom? Looks sureal - can you run me through your tweaks?

All in Lightroom fellow Adam :D

I can't remember exactly but I didn't do anything "out there". Just made basic tweaks to exposure, contrast etc etc.

It's a fairly surreal place to shoot to be honest!

If its any help I've had the 24-120 on my D610 for the past four months and its fantastic. Went to Malaysia on hols with this combo plus a couple of primes (50mm and 85mm) and I never took off the zoom. Not quite sharp as the primes but a very good all round walkabout lens.
Thank you I have those two primes too, just fancying something to leave on the camera a bit more for portraits

Back