Nikon D750 & D780

Of course I could always just buy myself a black dot sticker for the tripod screw hole ......

That wouldn't work cause that's a special 'Nikon Black Dot' not your common greyish/black dot often mistaken for the genuin article.
If you get the dot under the right light or flare as it's now known as you will see a distinct differance.

:ty:

Last edited:
Who would have ever thought that putting a black dot in the tripod thread would have got rid of the flare issue as easy as that!

That wouldn't work cause that's a special 'Nikon Black Dot' not your common greyish/black dot often mistaken for the genuin article.
If you get the dot under the right light or flare as it's now known as you will see a distinct differance.

:ty:
Do I need a different sort of black dot if my camera is a grey import?

I suspect every D750 owner in Europe is trying to find out if their camera is subject to the service advisory. A short while ago I received an email from Nikon Support advising me to check my camera serial no, I doubt I was the only one.....

I wonder if anyone has a D750 which has not failed the serial number checker? ;)

Someone has said they've had theirs fixed already and it's still showing as needing the fix.

Mmmmmmm. I suspect they're going on a 'just list all cameras bought before date X' as needing a fix.

I just checked the serial numbers of both D750s and they're both seemingly affected. Weird as no matter how hard I try I cannot replicate it

seems you can put in any 7 digit number and it comes up as needing the repair
I just put in 7 digits from my phone number. It said my camera was unaffected.

The US serial number checker seems to be doing some sort of range checking on serial numbers, I have had a mixture of fail/pass responses. Numbers close to my serial no are declared faulty, numbers wildly different are declared ok.

Someone has said they've had theirs fixed already and it's still showing as needing the fix.

Mmmmmmm. I suspect they're going on a 'just list all cameras bought before date X' as needing a fix.

Of course, it's a list of affected cameras. But they won't be updating it whenever they fix one.

Just submitted my claim and this is what appeared at the end of the claim so there trying to minimise down time.

Thank you for pre-registering your D750 digital SLR camera with Nikon Service. We will check your camera and apply the improvements related to the flare/reflection issue described in the support FAQ as soon as possible.

In order to minimize your waiting time, your request has been queued to ensure that spare parts are available before you return your camera.

When our Service Centre is ready to accept your camera they will send you an email. The email will include instructions on how to return your camera and a link to print a free Returns Label. No action is required until you receive the email which may take up to 2-3 weeks.

Both of mine affected from Panamoz according to that link :(

Without being able to check mine I would guess I'm in the same boat as you as my delivery was last Thursday. I rattled off 600 clicks on Sunday and was very happy with the results, no sign of any internal flare.
I haven't registered my one yet, I'm guessing that I should I do it with both Panamoz & Nikon ?

I haven`t been able to reproduce the flare on mine, so not overly bothered at the moment. I might register when the initial rush abates.

Went to the USA site link, mine starts 2011xxx and is affected although I have not had an issue shooting indoors ,outdoors, with flash or without. Obviously not skilled enough :)

Couple of RTMs over the last day or so on this thread, so just popping in to see that it stays peaceful.
I really can't see anything needing deletion in the last page, but we are keeping an eye on things in here so please keep things friendly and constructive . . . (contrary to popular belief we really don't enjoy having to wade through pages of arguing to clean up ;) )

Do keep us informed ;)
I just called the agency and made a booking, i specifically asked if i could book the wife (they dont know im her husband) i was quoted £300 a day for her services, im gonna divorce the cheating bitch and just book her 7 days a week through the agency, it works out cheaper than being married to her and i actually get to have sex with her.

My serial says to send it in, box tucked away in loft but assume there is a warranty card of some kind in there as nikon asking for proof of purchase... no issues being a grey i assume?

That said, i halfheartedly tried to create the problem but failed.

Couple of RTMs

Ok for the sake of clarity and for those of us who are not in touch with current childrens slang texting speak what is a RTM ???
The best Google could come up with is "Right to Manage" or "Remember the Milk" which i am sure is not your implication.

Ok for the sake of clarity and for those of us who are not in touch with current childrens slang texting speak what is a RTM ???
The best Google could come up with is "Right to Manage" or "Remember the Milk" which i am sure is not your implication.

RTM = Return to Manufacturer

Back