Nikon D750 & D780

Maybe Nikon expected NPS members to use the Pro-track service not the public one?

More than likely.

But if you're going to the trouble of building a site around a global service advisory it doesn't seem much more effort to build a use case around NPS flag = 1

Anyway, they haven't. But they should have IMO.

Do you spend your whole life looking for rucks?

If you can't see that this is exactly where NPS should kick in thats your choice. I disagree.

The fact it's not a paid service is irrelevant. Either offer it and make it worthwhile or don't.
No, but i do look for silly posts and counter, are you sending your D750's in, if not your then its irrelevent either way, if you are then use the NPS route, end of.

However, like i said, im a full NPS member not just an NPU member and yes ive used the so called fast track service, the exact service which saw me without a D3S and a 400mm f/2.8 for 8 weeks and no income because Nikon pandered to the big agencies at the olympics and left the likes of even Lehmanns high and dry as they also used 2 of their repair guys as well.

Service advisories are issued to the general public NOT JUST NPS members, moan to Nikon not on here.

Last edited:
Pull your head out of your arse Gary. It's quite a long way up there now. If you squint you might be able to see your own teeth.

Amazingly enough other people do know the difference between NPU and NPS. Guess which I'm a member of? Go on, it's not tricky.

Yes, mine will go in. And now I know (from another NPS member) that he's been told there's no plans to accelerate 750 repairs for NPS members due to the numbers going back I'll make sure it's when I can afford to be without them - that means within the next 4 weeks.

My point here is that those of us relying on their kit are now simply in a queue populated by those for whom their kit is for a hobby (and I don't use that in a perjorative way), and by those who opted to pay less for grey kit. Yet Nikon UK have decided those folk should get the same service. I'm not of the opinion that's the right call.

'Service advisories are issued to the general public NOT JUST NPS members'

Again, no s*** sherlock. Stop treating people like kids eh?

Pull your head out of your arse Gary. It's quite a long way up there now. If you squint you might be able to see your own teeth.

Amazingly enough other people do know the difference between NPU and NPS. Guess which I'm a member of? Go on, it's not tricky.

Yes, mine will go in. And now I know (from another NPS member) that he's been told there's no plans to accelerate 750 repairs for NPS members due to the numbers going back I'll make sure it's when I can afford to be without them - that means within the next 4 weeks.

My point here is that those of us relying on their kit are now simply in a queue populated by those for whom their kit is for a hobby (and I don't use that in a perjorative way), and by those who opted to pay less for grey kit. Yet Nikon UK have decided those folk should get the same service. I'm not of the opinion that's the right call.

'Service advisories are issued to the general public NOT JUST NPS members'

Again, no s*** sherlock. Stop treating people like kids eh?
i guess you're just better than the rest of us and deserve to be treated as such by Nikon, this by the way is the way Nikon themselves have decided to treat the whole issue so throwing your teddy at me means nothing, like i said, complain to Nikon not me.

Do i agree with you, definatly on the gray market ones (and mines gray market) but NPS is free and is all well and good if and when it works, however Nikon is Nikon and THEY decide if you get priority service or not, in this case not.

NPS is there for when you need emergency reapirs as per the NPS terms, do you need an emergency repair or do you just need your camera to go in at your leisure for a service advisory check.

Last edited:
It's not a teddy, it's a dummy.
OK, LOL, not gonna fall out over this, thankfully your cameras are working for you as they should so at least youre in no rush to get them sent in.

Have you actually checked the position of the AF module on yours, i know Nikon seem to be doing a "catch all" recall but if yours is in the correct position is there any point sending them in, theres a pic on DPReview which seems to show the correct/wrong positions of the module.

Weirdly I was literally just doing that and it's a bit inconclusive - they're both identical - let me take a pic.....

I disagree. People earning a living with their kit should be prioritised. It's a crucial point of being an NPS member. It's not a case of 'more deserving'.

Quite probably wrong, but wasn't the D750 or D600 not eligible for NPS?

From over at FM

heikoM

today I talked to the chief of repair from Nikon Germany.

The D750 flare-blocking-issue is indeed caused by the mirror box which is too small. The protruding AF-module at the bottom is an issue, too.

Nikon will change the mirror-boxes to a larger one. I´ll send my camera in on Monday

On a serious note, not trying to start any more b*tching.

With all the talk that the AF is better on this than even the d3/4/s cameras, could the design/flaw with the higher AF module and smaller mirror box be the reason for this.

I will be interested to see if this affects it in anyway.

Was thinking off adding one in a few weeks for my 30th, but will hold off another month and many grab one before my china trip if the stock is back on track.

Just filled in my form as my number was in the pool of bad ones. Not noticed the issue, but frankly not looked for it or tried to get it either.

I have just received email confirmation that my D750 has safely arrived at Nikon for repair. Estimated date for completion is 3rd February. On that basis I am looking at 2 weeks from initially logging the problem to having it fixed.

Has anyone with an affected camera (according to the list/website) noticed front focussing or difficulty getting af fine tune to 'tune' effectively ?

Is it better not to wait a while, before sending our cameras off for repair?
If yours is not affected, why not wait untill the rush dies down, and Nikon have built up some experience of how to do the job.

I've now changed my mind and will send my camera back !! I think mainly from Guy's posts - but Robert is making sense with leaving it a while . Any idea how long this fix is likely to take? There must be hundreds of cameras that qualify.

Hmm, interesting this hard line thing. So will Nikon also recall all other cameras if we start to kick up a fuss also? As this isn't just D750 or Nikon's sole issue. Other brands and models also have this issue albeit not as pronounced...

Hmm, interesting this hard line thing. So will Nikon also recall all other cameras if we start to kick up a fuss also? As this isn't just D750 or Nikon's sole issue. Other brands and models also have this issue albeit not as pronounced...

I think in answer to your question .... Wait till these tests are tried once Nikon has applied the "fix" and what we may find is it doesn't completly remove it, it just greatly reduces It

Hi everybody!
I bought a D750 from Panamoz on last Monday. Made the payment via bank transfer. I've got an email on Tuesday that they received my payment and it says they gonna send my 750 and than nothing ever since. Today morning I've got this email from Panamoz:

Very sorry, according to our warehouse, your order is being delayed, because our stock is affected by the flare issue, as announced by Nikon recently. We’re not sure when the new unaffected stock will be here. In this case would you like us to cancel and refund the order? If you do, then please let us know your bank info, so we can perform the refund.
We apologise for the inconvenience.
Regards,
Tina
Customer Support

I answered about 2 hours later as I wouldn't mind an effected 750, if they can send it to me. Cause later on I can send it to Nikon to have it fixed and then I wrote for them If they can't do this than I'd like to have my money back.
This would be my first full frame camera and I really want to take with me to Africa 2 weeks from now. I'm really nervous about this I'm afraid If I lost my money. I tried to call them today several times but just answering machine.
I left a message on it as well but no answer.
The reason why I'm sharing this with you guys cause I was reading the posts here and as I can see quite a few of you made some purchase with this company.
Can I get some opinion about this situation?
Do they give my money back and if they are any chance to get the money and buy an other 750 within 2 weeks?
Thank you guys!

Don't know about when the D750 will be ok but Panamoz refunded me for a faulty D810 no problem at all and I'm not the only one here :)

Hi everybody!
I bought a D750 from Panamoz on last Monday. Made the payment via bank transfer. I've got an email on Tuesday that they received my payment and it says they gonna send my 750 and than nothing ever since. Today morning I've got this email from Panamoz:

Very sorry, according to our warehouse, your order is being delayed, because our stock is affected by the flare issue, as announced by Nikon recently. We’re not sure when the new unaffected stock will be here. In this case would you like us to cancel and refund the order? If you do, then please let us know your bank info, so we can perform the refund.
Regards,
Tina
Customer Support

I answered about 2 hours later as I wouldn't mind an effected 750, if they can send it to me. Cause later on I can send it to Nikon to have it fixed and then I wrote for them If they can't do this than I'd like to have my money back.
This would be my first full frame camera and I really want to take with me to Africa 2 weeks from now. I'm really nervous about this I'm afraid If I lost my money. I tried to call them today several times but just answering machine.
The reason why I'm sharing this with you guys cause I was reading the posts here and as I can see quite a few of you made some purchase with this company.
Do they give my money back and if they are any chance to get the money and buy an other 750 within 2 weeks?
Thank you guys!

I've dealt with Panamoz before and have found their customer support to be nothing less than fantastic. I'm sure you'll get it resolved without a hitch.

Hi everybody!

Regards,
Tina
Customer Support

Thank you guys!

I really wouldn't worry Tina is brilliant she will get back to you and give you a full refund like she asked if that's what you wanted.

I don't think they will supply an affected unit as Nikon have pulled all stock you'll be lucky to get one any where maybe eBay but all shops had the stock pulled by Nikon

If Nikon cant confirm when the new stock will be realised you may have to change camera to a d610 or d810

Has anyone seen any dates for the release of the "fixed" Nikon D750?

I need to order and receive one before the first week in March ... Got something special coming up and NEED the camera for it

If you get desperate and must have the camera and can't get one in time it might be a way out to hire one.
This firm is also a member on TP
D750 Hire

Back