Nikon Extension tubes/rings.. what should I get?

Name
Damian Brown
Edit My Images
No
Ok.. so having played with a friends extension rings on his canon.. on a 24-105L i think... I'm bitten..

So what would you get to fit the nikon d200, lenses likely 50 1.8 , 85 1.4, 17-55 2.8 ... they are the ones most likely to work from my collection.. probably the 17-55 going by how it worked out on my mates gear.. but from reading on t'net the 50 1.8 would be the chap...

What tubes/rings should I get ... cheapest possible as it's for a few shots at weddings only... and i'm tight :D :wave:

Ebay is throwing up this range at the moment: Ebay extension tube nikon

Get the Kenko tubes, not as well built as the Nikon ones but are very good for the price. You'll also be able to use lenses on A mode, while the Nikon tubes will mean you've got to use M mode. These tubes with the 50/1.8 are fantastic.

The ultra cheap ebay tubes, I don't recommend. They tend to flake, which will find their way into your camera's body and create all sort of mess.

I use Kenko tubes on my Canon, and they seem pretty good for the money, with full lens-to-camera auto couplings.

Just be careful with your DX lenses. My Canon EF-S lenses will not fit the tubes because the mount hits the internal baffling, while EF lenses are fine. Nikon may be similar, I don't know, but your FX lenses will be okay.

Cheers.. I'm gonna check out the kenko's and wait for a few more posts :) Especially after hammering my bank account today with bits n pieces already!

Cheers.. I'm gonna check out the kenko's and wait for a few more posts :) Especially after hammering my bank account today with bits n pieces already!

I bought my Kenkos used off here (mint) for £80. I've seen a few sets recently, including Nikon fit IIRC :)

Maybe a wanted ad might flush out a set.

Back