No Samsung NX1 thread yet?

Name
Robert
Edit My Images
Yes
There has never been much love for samsung nx cameras. Is this about to change with the announcement of the nx1? This camera will not big a big seller its too big too expensive, but its a camera to show off there acheivement and to show they are serious about sector. The technology always trickles down to consumer models and the sensor is probably going to be the best aps-c sensor on the market. Is this the start of Samsungs sensors being seen in other manufactures cameras like we see with Sony? Will they over take Sony sensor sales?

Last edited:
Looks to be a very interesting camera, the recent lens releases look impressive too.
Definitely one to keep an eye on.
Btw Samsung sensors were used by Pentax a few years back :)

Interesting reading about the technology stuffed into this new camera, kudos to Samsung.
And if it performs as touted it could be a real game changer for them, I think this new NX1 is a clear indication that they are very serious about increasing their profile and market share.

Yeah I agree.

I'm happy they're not popular yet, there is more bargains for me.

Was lucky enough, to win an nx30, recently. Very impressed with features and quality of images. Will be keeping an eye on how well the nx1 is received.

The consumer lenses are great, better than Sony's. The 30mm pancake is my favourite lens I've ever had. Sharper in the centre than my Nikon 50 1.4. I've not used the s lenses, ut a video on YouTube comparing the d750 and 70-200 2.8 and the nx1 50-150 2.8. The Samsung's resolves more detail to my eyes but I guess we should wait for official reviews.

Shame the kit lens is only F3.5 compared to the Fuji XT-1's which is 2.8.

I had a look at the previous NX cameras a couple of years ago and nearly bought one. I am primarily a film photographer but I wanted something I could use my old lenses on (mainly Nikkors).

In the end, I found a good deal on a D3200 so bought that but the NX series would have been good too. This one even more so that those around two years ago.

Steve.

Seems they expect a significant price drop, around January, due to less than stellar pre-orders.

Back