No way hose!

Edit My Images
Yes
This has been edited from its original form:

original post :

orang2.jpg

Newly improved post ;)

20061115210252_orang2.jpg

A picture that I took last Thursday at Chester Zoo that I missed when I first processed them. I was amazed with this one, eye contact, good pose and overall good composition and exposure. I really could watch these guys for hours. Thanks for looking :)

More...

I really like it,his eyes are so human, it looks like he should be clutching a little brown bag with whisky in it and sitting in a shop doorway!:LOL:

This is a good shot - just need to bring the detail out around the eyes as they are a little lost in the shadows.

It looks dark on my work monitor too but was spot on on the laptop last night, I must have the brightness set a little too high.

My laptop shows things way brighter than they eventually print out as well...

We'll blame HP then Rob ;)

Might have to have a look at that, if its affecting the posts.

I've entered this one into this months Chester Zoo competition anyway, I think its one of the best ones I took last Thurs.

Don't bother posting a comment then.

Just a tad harsh at face value DS ... it is in 'critique' after all :thinking:

Although it would be nice to only have positive stuff posted :D ... it is a personal thing and all views should be welcomed ... good or not ... :shrug:

I do agree though ... perhaps a little explanation might have been more useful than a bland statement Marik ... just to understand why this one does nothing for you perhaps ...;)

:p

How about elaborating my comment;

Does nothing for me i'm afraid, I think the overexposed bit of cloth above his head is slightly distracting, and I agree with the dark thing (feels like there is no real focus point) and the background is slightly busy (but that can't be helped)

Perhaps tweaking the levels might bring out the little chaps face more, to give more of a focal point, I find myself looking around the shot atm

Hope this helps.

Much better, thanks Dan.

I don't mind negative criticism - I welcome it because it allows me to improve on shots by taking into account what people have said.

If every shot I took was spot on and perfect then I wouldn't be working in IT, I'd be out there selling photos for £££.

Ven - the reply was meant to be harsh, it wasn't critique and didn't add any value to the thread itself, but now he's posted why it didn't do anything for him, all is well ;)

That's a good capture -those eyes are incredible. (y)

Very dark though on my monitor. This looks OK here... but hey... :shrug:

20061115210252_orang2_2_.jpg

now you're talking, thats a lot better :)

Now just tweak and play with minor things

I reckon its because I was looking at it on my laptop last night, I'll have to do something with the brightness on there - lower it a touch I think.

Tis better CT but looks a bit washed out ... imo ...:thinking:

I guess the solution is somewhere between the two ... and agree with the tweaking comments now ...:D

Now the eyes can be seen though it does add real character to the shot ...(y)

That looks much better CT - I can see those mischievous eyes now. Just crop out the metal post, and you've got a fab shot there Matt :clap:

Yep... tis mebbe a tad light.... just drop the gamma to taste. :)

There's a very simple monitor set up tool here Matt for brightness and gamma which should get you in the ball park for posting web pics.

CLICKY

Nice ...personally I'd crop in even tighter Matt ... to the edge of the hose :thinking: ... to get rid of some of the distracting lighter patches ...imo ...:D

Last crop spot on Matt ...(y)

Eyes lead straight in from bottom right corner beautifully ...;) ;)

IMO ...:D

The changes have really brought the picture to life, and is a really nice shot (y)

Thanks guys,

This was actually my photoblog post for the day. I can't repost it as it will duplicate the thread in here, I might see if I can replace it without reposting though.

Its replaced the original shot with the new one at the top of the post, I'll put the original one up in that post for comparison

and to think, none of would of been done if I hadn't of posted ;)

Just a tad harsh at face value DS ... it is in 'critique' after all :p

Harsh? That wasn't harsh, this is harsh:

"Your photos are all rubbish - for God's sake will you stop posting tat like this, sell your cameras and take up painting FFS!!! If I see one more post from you, I'll come round your house, kill you and all your family and set fire to the remains!!! AAAAAArrrrggghhh!!!"

You know I'm kidding, right?:puke:

lol

That's a MUCH better improvement mate ;) (y) (To the edit, not the harsh bit...lol)

Back