Critique "Nobody puts Baby in the Corner"

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
This is Abbey, she's our cat.

We recently had a new Kitchen fitted and there were some pretty large left over worktops.

To good to throw out so thought I would try and use them.

Feedback/critique is most welcomed.

Gaz

rWUVhlS.jpg

Last edited:
Well caught, I think a bit of vignette would help to draw focus to your cat. I do like the background and stall.
I do struggle with backgrounds and props myself, I don't like keep using the same over and over.

Again I knew it was one of yours when I saw it on the home page and I think its great, the expression on your cats face with the worn stool and background works really well.

<ETA> for me you can leave the corner in, that works too.

If looks could kill! :eek:
I know she looks so fierce !
Well caught, I think a bit of vignette would help to draw focus to your cat. I do like the background and stall.
I do struggle with backgrounds and props myself, I don't like keep using the same over and over.
Hi Dominic
Thanks for the feedback.
I will try a little vignette.
Was unsure about the background plus shooting into a corner is something I had not done before.
Not that sure it comes accross as being taken into a corner ?
Yes I agree it's hard finding backgrounds with out spending money or very little money ;-) You seem to manage just fine.
Again I knew it was one of yours when I saw it on the home page and I think its great, the expression on your cats face with the worn stool and background works really well.

Hi Chris
I'm not sure how you can tell it was mine maybe it's the subject matter, either way thanks for feedback it is really helpfull.

Thanks regarding the corner.

Hiya

Thanks for the feedback it's much apprecited.

Regarding the corner.

I see where you are coming from and I'm sure the image would look fine with it removed but I did shoot it into the corner for an effect so I left it in.

Will have a see what it looks without too.

Thanks

Gaz

I'm not sure how you can tell it was mine maybe it's the subject matter,
The lighting and restricted colour palette as much as anything, you really do have a style that I like very much.

The lighting and restricted colour palette as much as anything, you really do have a style that I like very much.
I see. That's good to know. Thanks for you kind words they are very encouraging.

Gaz

That is one p****d off cat!
I'd check the bottom of your bed before you slide your toes into the silky coolness of fresh sheets. Otherwise you might find something else silky and fresh down there. :thinking:

Haha

It's a while since I viewed this photo and seeing it again I have to admit it is quite scary.

I'll check for sure....

Gaz

Back