Critique Northumberland sunrise - Bamburgh

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
I had a trip up to Bamburgh at the weekend, first time I've been out for any landscapes for a good couple of months.
First time i've used my new 6D for any proper landscapes so it was nice to give it a good run out.

annoyingly the horizon slopes a tad on the last one which i need to remedy.

Thanks

Nick

I think they are nice shots, but 1 and 2 need a much stronger foreground. 3 is excellent, if you overlook the lens flare.

Worth going out for tho! Looks like it was a busy morning for togs as well...

Two and three are lovely. ..three especially.
My friend was there last weekend scuba diving and she raved about the area.

The detail captured in the foreground rocks really makes 3 the pick of the bunch but I like them all. Slight shame the sun is smack in the centre and so blown out but really, the photo is a hairs breadth away from being awesome. In my view anyway.

I think they are nice shots, but 1 and 2 need a much stronger foreground. 3 is excellent, if you overlook the lens flare.

Worth going out for tho! Looks like it was a busy morning for togs as well...
pretty much this; with 1 and 2 the foreground takes up 2/3 of the picture but not much to grab attention.

3 addresses that but I can't decide whether the colours have been pushed a bit too far

Hi I've just signed up to this site because of this post :) I'm planning to visit Bamburgh tomorrow - hopefully for the sunrise. Can you tell me where I should go to for the best photographic position (such as the shots above). Really appreciate the advice. :)

Stag rocks and the beach next to is it the best place. Take the road called the Wynding from the village centre and itll take you along parrallel to the beach, go past the 2 car parks on the right then theres a small car park at the side of the road on the right, park in there and theres some nice rocks straight down from there, if you walk aling the beach 200 yards or so to the left then you'll get to stag rocks which are pretty nice too :) the first 2 photos were taken from just under that car park and the last photo was taken from stag rocks :)

Thanks everyone, I see your points about the foreground in the first couple and the flare in the last :) thanks for the replies folks appreciate it
I think the first one has got foreground interest, the sea. Its got interest with the ripples and waves etc. Foreground interest doesn't have to be a rock, stick, whatever does it.

I think the first one has got foreground interest, the sea. Its got interest with the ripples and waves etc. Foreground interest doesn't have to be a rock, stick, whatever does it.

Here's one with a bit foreground interest to break up the big rock slab :)

Back