Not inclined to give up just yet...

Dark Star

TPer Emeritus
Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm determined to crack this plant/flower stuff.;)

Been playing around with macro, flash, reflector and food stuffs.

Still not entirely happy but any help gratefully received!

My problem is adjusting the background in CS without making the edges of the plant/object look unnatural:thinking: ! Not there just yet but maybe closer..?

1)

asp.jpg

2)

orc.jpg

3) Bit odd this but it appealed to me :)

ordchi.jpg

They don't look very sharp John with the exception of No2.

Whilst it is possible to change bg colours in processing, it's no substitute for getting it right in the camera. We're all guilty of using processing too much for that sort of thing and it seldom looks as good as the real deal.

A piece of black velvet provides a great black bg. For other colours, places like Staples sell large sheets of card in all different colours. :)

Thanks CT - I did have a dark material behind the first, the others were white card.

The 3rd is a just a muck about and blurred a bit on purpose,guess it doen't cut it

The asparagus - hmmm maybe dof was wrong but I've not done much to that really

Thanks for the comments anyway! :D

Unless it's a very simple foreground subject, changing the bg colour is a lot more fiddly than many people would have you think, and usually involves a lot of tedious fiddling about to get anywhere near a decent result.

Don't get disheartened- trial and error is what it's all about. ;)

A sharper one :) just to prove to myself I can get at least that bit right :LOL::

asp3.jpg

You know I reckon the Orchid vs Dry Chilli has potential if it was sharper!

Love the second asparagus. Never really appreciated the pink edges to it before I chucked it in the pan!

Thanks folks, thought this one had died a death...here's a sharper version of the orchid and chilli

orch2.jpg

Back