Paul Tomlinson
Edit My Images
No
IMG_0253copy.jpg

IMG_0338copy.jpg

IMG_0369copy.jpg

IMG_0353copy.jpg

IMG_0173.jpg

These are from todays game and another win for the Nottingham Rugby team. Nottingham are now in the quarter final of the EDF Energy National Trophy after their emphatic 39-8 win today. Well done Nottingham.

Paul Tomo(y)

going to have to try this sometime, always seems to be great action which you've caught well :)

Good shots and a good win.
Who you got next round?

OK - that's a pretty good set there with some nice action captured. I'm hoping it'll be helpful for me to write a bit on each pic...

1) I can see why you included this pic, but the screening player & ref dont help the overall shot - best to crop them out. The subject himself is nice & sharp. A straighten would be useful to make the pitch level.

2) Nice facial expression - you're getting the impact point which is always photogenic. You've done some blurring to imitate shallower depth of field - doesn't work too well as the player on the right is more blurred than the background and the guy behind him. Best not bother. You need a longer lens to fill the frame though, or wait until the action comes to you. Guess you're using the 70-200 for this?

#3 Good frame filling action, ball & faces in shot. Bit tight on the right side but c'est la via.

#4 The guy on the right is nice & dynamic but is sort of lost in the frame, and the guy on the left adds nothing as he looks like he's out for a sunday stroll. Suggest cropping tighter on the guy on the right and losing the one on the left.

#5 Top try shot - nice one!

Hope you dont mind the "blow by blow" but I found it really useful when I started covering rugby for people to help on each shot. Feel free to ignore it completely :)

Back