November Fog

Edit My Images
No
Fog is my favourite conditions to shoot in and this morning there's plenty of it around. So I spent a short while taking shots at a local lough/lake. This photo turned out pretty well I thought and I reckon the monochrome conversion adds a sense of mysteriousness.

Into Another World by phodru, on Flickr

Works for me :) I really like that there are leaves and sticks all over the jetty. I also love the reflection of the tree on the left, makes it difficult to tell where the tree ends and the water starts. Smashing photo :)

Too much tree for me, it's filling 60% of the frame. Either a pair of secateurs or moving to the right somehow would make the jetty more of the subject and allow more space around the jetty perhaps.

It just looks as though the jetty is being pushed out of the frame a bit.

Too much tree for me, it's filling 60% of the frame. Either a pair of secateurs or moving to the right somehow would make the jetty more of the subject and allow more space around the jetty perhaps.

It just looks as though the jetty is being pushed out of the frame a bit.

When I saw the scene I thought off centre and include as much of those reflections as I could. To me going with the jetty centrally would have been a bit too safe and even slightly boring.
Thanks for the comments, Carl and Tim.

I like that, and the foliage. The off centre position of the jetty would upset me normally but with the trees creates a visual tension or dissonance that's captivating.

Belting B&W. Pop the colour up if you can. It's a strong image

Back